Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sahm daily life?

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:42 PM
  • 56 Replies
What does YOUR days look like?

Do you keep a strict schedule and structure or is it go with the flow?

Im just now getting my groove after 5 months of failed attempts lol
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzie_ann
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:43 PM

Mostly go with the flow. We have certain weekly activities but our time at home isn't scheduled. 

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:44 PM
We have a set schedule during the week that revolves around school, tutoring and extra circulars for DS. He isn't over scheduled, but he is active.
.PinkSunshine.
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:44 PM

bump for the sahms

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:45 PM

I homeschool, so yes...I have structure. We start school around 8:30 and go until 1 pm. Then, we eat lunch, I take the dog for a 2+ mile walk, then we are out the door between 4-5 pm for ECA or Church depending on the day. There are some days we have Homeschool field trips or something else going on as I get allergy shots every 3 weeks. I typically take my youngest with me and we do schoolwork at the allergist and my oldest does her work while we are gone. In between all of that is the daily housework, other errands, and of course making all the meals. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

.Milfshake.
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:45 PM

get up around 4 or 5 make dh breakfast, pack his lunch, around 7 get the kids up, showered, dressed and to school, come home the housekeeper is here by this time, I go to my room watch television, unless I have an OB appointment, stay on cm for a couple of hours, around 3 I or the housekeeper will put dinner on depending what we're having, at 4 pick the kids up from school, kids do their homework, then get on their ipads, bath, reading for half an hour, bedtime, get back on cm, fb and repeat...

jsquared8
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:46 PM
We have a "flexible" schedule. We're in limbo waiting to close on our house. We're about to be living in a hotel, lucky us. It will change dramatically I'm sure. Once were in the house though it's back to routine and a schedule.
eztwins
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:46 PM
When they were small and home our schedule was so set you could set a slow watch by it but since they went off to school it's go with the flow.
RavensRose
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:47 PM

I'm more of a HW I think. I only have one child and he is 17. So my daily life and routine is pretty laid back.  I'm to the point that my days (when he's in school) are more about me now, doing what I want to do when I want to do it.

Blooming_Lotus
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:47 PM

I do work in the evenings but I homeschool and have my children all day. I also do all the cooking and cleaning. I have to have a schedule or things don't get done. 

lauren.m
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:47 PM
I wake up pack lunches get everyone out the door. I spend the rest of the day playing with and breastfeeding my 8 month old. Get kids from school. Cook dinner for when dh gets home. Spend time with family then get everyone ready for bed. I clean throughout the day too. No set schedule. Some days there are sports or appointments, shopping or at school activities. I don't go by a schedule.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)