Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

people who have kids with type 1 diabetes

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
What were the first signs you noticed? My 5 year old pees ALOT and drinks a lot is very tiny has been like 45 pounds for a long time. He is also very whiney
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:54 PM
My nearly 7yr old barely weighs 43lbs and he's not underweight at all. If you're concerned, go to the dr.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2015 at 5:27 PM
Bump
ADLE
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:08 PM
If he drinks a lot he's gonna pee a lot too.
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:11 PM

Drank constantly peed the bed every night for 2 weeks lost weight starting vomiting

Hoppers33
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this
It isn't just peeing a lot, it's peeing like he has a bladder infection. And it's not just drinking a lot, it's drinking like he feels like he's going to die of thirst. If you don't want to go to the dr, you can get a test kit at Walmart for 10 bucks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:48 PM
Let me put it this way he can't hold it over night he wets on the bus ride home sometimes if we go to store I have to pull over and let him pee

Quoting Hoppers33: It isn't just peeing a lot, it's peeing like he has a bladder infection. And it's not just drinking a lot, it's drinking like he feels like he's going to die of thirst. If you don't want to go to the dr, you can get a test kit at Walmart for 10 bucks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:48 PM
I'm gonna bring him to doc just didn't know if I should even mention checking for it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:50 PM

See I was concerned that my 4 year old may have it. You know excessive thirst, going to the bethroom every 5 minutes and he just seemed off...

So I did this magical thing and made a doctors appointment! :O

What do you know! They did tests! :O

Try it some time.  

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:51 PM

My nephew was trying to steal everyones drinks and drinking constantly like he couldn't get enough.

OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:55 PM

You just described my son sans the diabetes.  Immature bladder.

Does Type 1 or other immune disorders run in your family?  Do you not have a pediatrician who can run these tests?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Let me put it this way he can't hold it over night he wets on the bus ride home sometimes if we go to store I have to pull over and let him pee
Quoting Hoppers33: It isn't just peeing a lot, it's peeing like he has a bladder infection. And it's not just drinking a lot, it's drinking like he feels like he's going to die of thirst. If you don't want to go to the dr, you can get a test kit at Walmart for 10 bucks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)