Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is "hot saucing" against the law?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
In my state it is child abuse to put hot sauce in a child's mouth if they lie or something, but it's legal to use a belt on the bottom as long as it doesn't leave a mark for a certain time frame...um..what? Why is hot saucing bad for children though, anyone know? I'm against it but I'd like to know exactly what's wrong with it. I just think it's kinda cruel.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2015 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Twiceblessedmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 5:05 PM
5 moms liked this
Because they have realized the ridiculousness (and cruelty) of it, but haven't quite caught up and realized the ridiculousness of striking a child yet. Hopefully some day. :-)
Mrs_Boho
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 5:07 PM
My kids eat hot sauce everyday, so it wouldn't effect them.

But parents who do that stuff are idiots who lack common sense and shouldn't reproduce in the first place, hot sauce, Tabasco sauce whatever it is, its just plain idiotic and immature!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 5:07 PM

maybe because it has to deal with food? maybe they are worried it could lead to eating disorders or something? I have no idea.

emandab
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

There was a horrible case of abuse and neglect in ( I believe California) where the "parents" rimmed glasses of water with hot sauce so a little boy that was trying to potty train wouldn't drink so he wouldn't wet the bed.  He died of dehydration.  I have no idea if this was the cause for the law but sometimes you have to mandate stupid.

eadyT
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Other than it is cruel and stupid. It can take an adults breathe if it's too hot for them or too much is used, imagine a child. I don't believe in any object being used to strike a child either.
tiffluv81
by BBW on Jan. 20, 2015 at 5:14 PM

Just like putting a child in time out longer than 5 minutes is child abuse

collectivecow
by moo.moo on Jan. 20, 2015 at 5:14 PM

It's a cruel and unnecessary form of punishment. It's also a potential choking hazard.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 5:16 PM
3 moms liked this

Uh - I did it with my middle one.  Didn't work.  She brought me a bigger spoon and asked for more (this was a child who regularly ate jalepenos at the age of 2).  Should have thought that one out better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2015 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I've never heard that. That seems kind of odd...

Quoting tiffluv81:

Just like putting a child in time out longer than 5 minutes is child abuse

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2015 at 5:18 PM
Well I agree, but how is it a choking hazard?

Quoting collectivecow:

It's a cruel and unnecessary form of punishment. It's also a potential choking hazard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)