Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you have done it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies
I work at an animal shelter, and the feral kitten I've been working with came up for euth, so I brought her home. I'm the ONLY person she doesn't attack and the only person who can handle her without bite gloves.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2015 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kyheavensmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 5:33 PM
That was sweet. She feels comfortable with you. How is she with children? I probably would have done the same. I have a soft spot for animals
cbk_mom3
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I'd of done it also. My daughter brought my son a feral kitten about 2 years ago. He named him Rhoads (after Ozzy's guitarist, Randy Rhoads) and we still have him. Best cat ever!

Here he is with my Poodle. They are literally best freinds.

tinkerxbell
by Danger Will Robinson on Jan. 20, 2015 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't unless I was the only person she'd be coming in contact with. I would not bring an animal like that around my family.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 20, 2015 at 5:35 PM
3 moms liked this
I wouldn't want to start down that slippery slope. If I brought one home, I'd end up a crazy cat lady hoarders style.
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Jan. 20, 2015 at 5:36 PM
I would.
cbk_mom3
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Danesmommy1: I wouldn't want to start down that slippery slope. If I brought one home, I'd end up a crazy cat lady hoarders style.

LOL. You sound like me. I always say that left to my own devices, I'd end up on that animal hoarding show with dh going "I have no idea what happened. One week she had 3 dogs, the next week she had 50 dogs." LOL.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:36 PM
I'm really not sure how she is with young kids, but mine can't touch her. She hisses and swings. She's only 3 months old though, too young to face euth.

Quoting kyheavensmom: That was sweet. She feels comfortable with you. How is she with children? I probably would have done the same. I have a soft spot for animals
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:38 PM
She's a sweet little thing, just needs some TLC and a home. I don't have any pets besides her, so she can be spoiled rotten.

Quoting cbk_mom3:

Yeah, I'd of done it also. My daughter brought my son a feral kitten about 2 years ago. He named him Rhoads (after Ozzy's guitarist, Randy Rhoads) and we still have him. Best cat ever!

Here he is with my Poodle. They are literally best freinds.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:41 PM
She's a tiny 3mo kitten, and my kids are old enough to leave her alone. She's healthy, the vet checked her out. She's just terrified and needs some socialization. I wouldn't bring home an animal that could potentially harm my family.

Quoting tinkerxbell:

I wouldn't unless I was the only person she'd be coming in contact with. I would not bring an animal like that around my family.

Hanab818
by ThePonds on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:41 PM
I would have teied to find a friend who could take her. Dh is really allergic,to cats and the older he gets the worse it is. But its great you could take her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)