Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What if the roles were reversed?

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:05 PM
  • 25 Replies
This is mainly for SAHMs.

What if the roles were reversed and you were the bread winner and your dh stayed home? What would you expect of him? What is expected of you as the person who stays home?

by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sdtoga
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:06 PM
Nothing is expected, everything is appreciated.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:08 PM

I live with family as a sahm. nothing is expected of me. I would hope even ina relationship nothing would be expected as I would be going above and  beyond regardless.

SmallTown_Momma
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:08 PM

he doesnt expect a dang thing from me ...and i wouldn't expect anything from him..

we do appreciate what eachother does in the way of the household chores ...its already a mutual chore.

BluesPagan2.0
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:09 PM
So nothing is set that you do because you stay home?

Quoting sdtoga: Nothing is expected, everything is appreciated.
embrigmom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd expect of him the same things I do as the person who is home. I do laundry, and dishes, make dinner, do the meal planning, clean the house, do the grocery shopping, look after the kids, pick older dd up from school, take care of doc, dentist and orthodontist vists

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:10 PM
As long as I somehow keep the kids alive DH doesn't care what I do.
lizzie_ann
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:10 PM

I would expect the same of him that he currently expects from me, to take care of our daughter and do some housework. We share the responsibilities in evenings and on weekends (and other days my husband has off). 

rosie211
by I'm a nice one on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:11 PM
This.

Quoting sdtoga: Nothing is expected, everything is appreciated.
kmeow
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband pretty much has no expectations. If he comes home and the baby is alive and there's dinner ready, he's a happy man. I am by no means an excellent housekeeper.
If my husband were a house husband, he would be expected to keep the house spotless and cook my meals, only because I'm one hundred percent sure we would have to put the baby in daycare. He gets overwhelmed easily by her.
sdtoga
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:11 PM
No. He's never told me what I have to do. Now, im sure if the house was a mess, the kids were in their undies all day and I never cooked.... he'd have something to say.

Im a clean freak and I enjoy doing things around the house.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)