Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you trust your neighbors?

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:32 PM
  • 59 Replies

How well do you know them? Do you have get togethers? Bbqs? Block parties? Just nod as pass? Would/Do you trust your children around them?

Overall, how do you feel about your neighborhood?

by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1mommy613
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:33 PM
Most of mine moved.
MamAshley4
by President on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:35 PM
Nope...i live in the hood. Different people moving in and out all the time.

I'll be outta here soon though. Woot woot!
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:35 PM
We just moved here, so we don't really know anybody yet. I'm hoping to meet them when the weather warms up.
bcoll
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:35 PM
I like our neighborhood. We are just acquaintances/exchange Christmas treats with the ones on our right. The ones on our left are the best neighbors we've ever had. They are another set of grandparents to our children. We attend each others parties and weddings. Yes, I trust them with my babies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:35 PM
I don't trust my direct neighbor, no. A lady and her son and son's girlfriend live in the house, and they are annoying. There was one night, the son got arrested for a DUI, and the girlfriend came knocking on our door at midnight, crying because of it. We have a shared driveway and their car was parked right smack in the middle, and she didn't have the keys to move it, so she was scared we would call the landlord on her, and they are apparently on the verge of being kicked out. Then, she wanted to use our phone to call the jail and see what her boyfriend's bail would cost. She threw a screaming fit when she found out the price because neither of them work. Losers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brime98
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:35 PM
We do neighborhood parties. I trust them. Any of them will sign for a package, or check out anything weird going on at our house. We always let them know when we will be gone so they expect other cars and people here!
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:35 PM

I'm good friends with two of my neighbors. Our kids sleep over at each of our houses so much so that I ask my dd where u sleeping at tonight? Most are a nod as I walk by or have a casual conversation with. Overall it's nice neighborhood. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:35 PM
Yes. We have get togethers and all of our children play together.
eadyT
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:36 PM
I only have two. Yes I trust them, yes we all get together and BBQ. We all get together for dinners in the winter. We also look out for each other as well. I have nothing bad to say about them.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:36 PM

I like my neighbors. We always say "hello" when we see each other OR wave if we/they are driving.

We have BBQ's during the summer....sometimes in a backyard and other times we will have a picnic at the beach.

NO one watches my kids/grandkids but me and occasionally one of my older adult kids. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)