Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

High muscle tone

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
I went to a LLL meeting Thursday because I thought my baby either had a poor latch or a tongue/lip tie. The LLL leader didn't say whether or not she found a tie, but said my DDs latch was fine. The LLL leader did say, however, it appears my daughter has high muscle tone. Has anyone else experienced that? Often times, DH and I call her the "planking baby" because she planks and is completely stiff as a board. We CANNOT bend her, even to just sit. She's 3 months old. She already rolls over (literally, rolls from either her belly to her back or back to belly), she's been holding her head up since about two days old...I have two other children and both of them were NOTHING like this. She is constantly screaming and completely still and stiff. When she nurses, her hands are balled up fists and her toes and legs stick straight out. Sometimes I feel like she's stronger than I am.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:07 PM

Contact your local early intervention program for an evaluation

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2015 at 10:03 PM
Would I basically say the same thing I said here? My son is high functioning autustic, so I've done EI before, just not where I live now...i didn't realize this could be considered for EI?

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Contact your local early intervention program for an evaluation

AppleJaxx
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 10:05 PM
Contact an ei program,they can evaluate and get you referred to a physical therapist who can help you.my kids had the opppsite issue, they were incredibly low tone
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)