Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Loving 1 child more than the other

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
I need honest answers! Please! You hear everywhere that a mother loves all her children equally. I do not feel that way. I want to but I don't. I honestly love my son more than my daughter. I HATE to admit it, I haven't told anyone. I have been living with this pain for 3 years without a word. I do my absolute best not to show it, not to play favorites. I don't understand why I feel this way! Why I love one more than the other?! I keep telling myself this isn't normal!! Everyone loves all their children equally, what's the matter with me?! I'm terrified to tell anyone about my feelings! Just....what? What do I do? Am I the only one?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:08 PM
How old are they?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:09 PM
I have one girl and one boy. At different stages in their childhood I've felt closer to one more than the other.
SamanthaSage
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:09 PM

I only have one, so here's a bump.

levansbx
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe it's not a matter of loving one more than the other, but rather loving them differently. Maybe you're just confused?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
You are not the only one. My dd is so hard to love. Especially with all the crap she is putting me through now.

My niece admitted once that she didn't love her oldest as much as he was hard to love too. He was going through that teen stage too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I think we love our children differently because they are different people. I don't think you should feel bad. I feel a different kind of love for my kids. If you take care of them and treat them fairly it's ok. Is your personality similar to your sons? That could be part of it. Did you have a good relationship with your mom? If not that could be part of it too. Don't feel bad. I'm sure your doing a good job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel like I love my daughters more than my son. I just can't deal with him without him getting on my last nerves. The kids or anyone else irl will never know though.
Krystle1216
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel a different more special bond with my ds then dd but I think it has to do with his birth he was an emergency c section after losing his heart beat. The fact that he is here now is just a blessing and I think maybe because of that I tend to favor or baby him more but he is a baby only 2 dd is 9 and they are on different levels so the love is different as they are different individuals.
oryxx31
by Captain Cook on Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:15 PM
Do you think you honestly love him more or maybe it's just that you relate better, or share more things?
Hanab818
by ThePonds on Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:16 PM
M i love my kids equally but for different reasons. Like my youngest I love him for his laugh and sense of humor and my oldest I love for his serious attitude and how he nerds out about things he loves.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)