Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A stranger kissed my baby! How would you handle this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

Dh and I drop our 4 month old dd off at daycare together every morning.  The past two days, there has been a new lady in her drop off room.  She's really overly friendly and a little weird but whatever.  Dd only spends about 30 minutes in that room in the morning anyway. 

This morning, as I'm signing dd in and dh is holding her, the new lady grabbed dd from dh says hi to her and kisses her on her face near (not on) her mouth.  Now, dh can have an aggressive personality so he bit his tongue.  I didn't see this so he told me what happened after we left the room.  But I agree, she should NOT be kissing my or anyone else's baby on the face.  Dd got really sick a month ago and I'm sure it's not from other kids.  I went to talk to administration after he told me but the person who I needed to talk to wasn't in. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KeepOnTryin
by Melissa on Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this
The director or the assistant director should ALWAYS be there to talk to parents. Try again tomorrow when you drop off your baby.

Or you could tell the lady that you don't feel comfortable with her kissing your baby's face since it's flu season.
Kierston2014
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:25 PM
I agree with you.. That's innapropriate. You're right to bring that to managements attention. I'd be pissed.
MistressRX
by Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:25 PM
The only baby I kiss is my nephew and it's on the cheek. I wouldn't kiss someone else's child and being in a daycare with a horrid flu season (among several other viruses going around) I wouldn't be okay with it either. I would tell someone to please educate her on the illnesses going around and to have her refrain from doing that. If she kissed your daughter, I am sure she is kissing the other children and I am afraid that could pass illness pretty quick around the daycare. Best of luck to you!
goatmom4
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:26 PM

wow i love other kids but yes being offended it is flue season i would have made cute face at baby but never kissed to many germs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:38 PM

Yeah I would never kiss a kid who isn't mine.  I don't know where her mouth has been and it is flu season.

Quoting goatmom4:

wow i love other kids but yes being offended it is flue season i would have made cute face at baby but never kissed to many germs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)