Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What did I do wrong?!

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:48 PM
  • 20 Replies
Well it was almost 8:30, and my boyfriends dad calls us. He said his wife (boyfriends stepmom) needs to go to the hospital. She's having chest pains (due to heartburn, we go through this every month). He called saying he wants us to drive 45 minutes so we can drive her there! I said that if she is having chest pains, you should call 911, because anything could happen in the 45 minutes it takes us to get there! We would gladly meet them at the hospital to be comforting! Well both of them got angry and said forget it! Was I wrong?
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenea2
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:49 PM
2 moms liked this
Hell no! They could have called an ambulance if it was that bad
Ashleeduhh
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:50 PM
No you weren't wrong. That makes no sense...why would they wait 45 min for you to get to her then however long to get to the hospital? That kind of time could be the difference between life and death.
Molz09
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:51 PM
Seems like their story is missing something. Why the hell would you wait 45 minutes for a ride while you've got unexplained chest pain??

Eta- oops I missed the part about heartburn. Definitely no... I wouldn't be wasting my gas on that BS. Tell her to stock up on tums.
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:51 PM
Nope. I'd wonder about getting involved with that family. :/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:52 PM

No!  What is wrong with them?  Do they actually call you once a month for her having heartburn?

Hubris_Huntsman
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:53 PM
No way. My MIL was constantly in the ER for nonsense. I ended up making her take taxis homes. I won't get sucked into other people's craziness.
nikabear
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:53 PM
No you weren't wrong!
blessed107
by Diamond Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:56 PM

No, you weren't wrong. Why don't she get something for this heartburn? if it's happening that regularly, she needs to see a gastroenterologist.

Snakecharm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:56 PM
You are definitely not wrong. If they thought it was severe enough for a hospital visit then they need to call an ambulance.

Tell her to go to a gastroenterologist if she has it that bad. They will scope her and put her on nexium.
KeepOnTryin
by Melissa on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:57 PM
No, you were definitely not wrong. If they were really concerned they would have called an ambulance or someone that lives closer.

Does your boyfriend's dad not have a car or driver's license?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)