Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you be pissed?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

I have had a safety deposit box for years. Its just in my name because the bank will only put it in the name on the checking account and dh and I have seperate ones. So tonight dh asked me how much I pay to have a box and I told him and asked him why. He wants to put some money away in a box so he wants to get one. I told him he could just use my box but I know he wont because he doesnt trust me. He then said that I might miscount my money in the box and then blame him for taking it. REALLY??? What the actual fuck???? I have never done anything in all the time we have been together to make him think that. We have been together 20 years and married for almost 11. He is never going to trust me and I dont deserve that. He has absolutely no reason not to. I'm really pissed. He expects me to trust him completely but he apparently has no trust in me.  My parents never had their money seperate. They had joint accounts and credit cards and a box together. Would you be pissed?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2015 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katydid150
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Why be with someone that doesn't trust you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2015 at 10:24 PM

Im wondering that myself. 

Quoting katydid150:

Why be with someone that doesn't trust you?

GirlWithANikon
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 10:24 PM
Pissed? Idk. I wouldn't be in a marriage where you can't trust or share. I admit to sometimes just wanting my own stuff just to have a piece that is just ME but I trust Dh and he trust me and everything is ours... I think that's how marriage should be or not at all. Have you asked why he doesn't trust you in the past
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Jan. 20, 2015 at 10:26 PM

I'd wonder why I was married to a man that didn't trust me.

imyourPuppy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 10:26 PM
I would, but I know plenty of families who have separate accounts and it is "normal" for them. My SIL and her DH, for example, don't even know how much the other one makes, but yet, they are happily married for 16 years now.
Msmom1104
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 10:27 PM
Yes I would be pissed. How could he be with you for 20 years and no trust you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2015 at 10:29 PM
2 moms liked this

In the beginning of our relationship he said he had trust issues - but after 20 years??? I think he is just selfish and doesnt want me to have access to HIS money. 

Quoting GirlWithANikon: Pissed? Idk. I wouldn't be in a marriage where you can't trust or share. I admit to sometimes just wanting my own stuff just to have a piece that is just ME but I trust Dh and he trust me and everything is ours... I think that's how marriage should be or not at all. Have you asked why he doesn't trust you in the past

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2015 at 10:30 PM

I know and Im so hurt. He cant understand why I am upset about this. 

Quoting Msmom1104: Yes I would be pissed. How could he be with you for 20 years and no trust you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2015 at 10:39 PM

BUMP!

boys2men2soon
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 10:59 PM

I don't know how you've made it this long without trust..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)