Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Never speak to us again.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
We moved into our neighborhood several years ago when we were married. We loved the location and the families seemed super nice. At the time my daughter, Tanya was 4.5 and our son Slade was only a few weeks old. My husbands sister moved into a house down the street and for two years all was well.

Until it wasn't. His sister and her wife split and had a nasty custody battle. Tanya came home saying thigs like "momma Slade will always be your favorite because he's your baby. You'll forget me" that upset me. Turns out sister was tellin my kids all sorts of stuff because she was angry. The straw that broke the camels back was when Tanya came home last week and was in a bad mood. I asked her what was wrong and she burst into tears. She said " please don't leave daddy because then I'll have no family like Trin and Zade. You'll hate me and Slade"

Had a talk with sister and my husband told her to never speak to us again. I have a hysterical 7 year old still who is convinced that we will leave her and her brother because we "hate" them.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2015 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 10:54 PM

Poor girl :(

Shy_Dia
by Emerald Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww, poor kid! Ds goes through the little "you hate me" phase, but i think it's bc he's trying to guilt me into giving him something lol

In your case, just keep reminding her how much you love her and all the things you do for her and her brother, not bc you have to, but because you want to because you love them that much. Hopefully she'll forget about what get auntie said soon. I wouldn't let the kids go over there.
ArmyWife112908
by Mrs.Crane on Jan. 20, 2015 at 10:56 PM
Ooh that's fucked up. Just give them lots of love and reassurance
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2015 at 10:58 PM
I honestly don't want them near my kids again and my husband is 100% on board with that. She has always been kind of a short fuse but she never acted like this.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)