Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got bashed for getting my dd a psychiatrist

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
http://mobile.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/20499343/A_post_about_my_dd

This is my post about my dd. Everyone on here and her dad, my parents think it is normal. I found a Dr that specialized in child and behavioral therapy.

I also made the blue shield insurance post of not wanting her on it but I know I don't need her fathers permission. Thank god for that since he has no clue.

I'm curious why you would bash when you don't know my child better than me? No I don't want money for her from the state, no I don't want her on meds unless absolutely necessary. So why bash? I'm not taking her off his insurance.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:09 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:09 PM
Bump
schultzal
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Was it also your post in which you said you have to keep them separated all of the time?

If so, I say good on you for getting your DD and your family some professional help. You're a good mother for doing what is needed to help her behaviours now, before it is too late.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:15 PM
Yes. I forgot to post that link too. Everyone around me thinks it is completely normal and i feel it is not. even her primary doctor won't listen to me.

Quoting schultzal:

Was it also your post in which you said you have to keep them separated all of the time?

If so, I say good on you for getting your DD and your family some professional help. You're a good mother for doing what is needed to help her behaviours now, before it is too late.

schultzal
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:22 PM
I think she is plenty old enough to understand why she cannot harm her baby brother that way. The not listening and tantrums might be normal for her age, but the physically hurting a baby is not.

Please know that you're doing the right thing, even if no one around you agrees.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes. I forgot to post that link too. Everyone around me thinks it is completely normal and i feel it is not. even her primary doctor won't listen to me.

Quoting schultzal:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:24 PM
Thank you. I'm glad to hear what I'm doing isn't wrong.

Quoting schultzal: I think she is plenty old enough to understand why she cannot harm her baby brother that way. The not listening and tantrums might be normal for her age, but the physically hurting a baby is not.

Please know that you're doing the right thing, even if no one around you agrees.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes. I forgot to post that link too. Everyone around me thinks it is completely normal and i feel it is not. even her primary doctor won't listen to me.

Quoting schultzal:

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:29 PM

Are you planning to go to learn how to deal with her without yelling?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:30 PM
If you feel like it's gotten to the point she needs help, then find doctor that will listen. I don't think hitting baby brother is good at all. Yes, they all do it at some point, but sounds like hers is daily. What if she injures him badly the second you're not looking? She's too young still to know her own strength. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:32 PM
Im sure i will talk to the psychiatrist also, get some tips to help.

Quoting ColleenF30:

Are you planning to go to learn how to deal with her without yelling?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:35 PM
Thank you and i make sure they are watched like a hawk when they are together.

Quoting Anonymous 2: If you feel like it's gotten to the point she needs help, then find doctor that will listen. I don't think hitting baby brother is good at all. Yes, they all do it at some point, but sounds like hers is daily. What if she injures him badly the second you're not looking? She's too young still to know her own strength. Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)