Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why didn't I think of this?!

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:34 PM
  • 11 Replies
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bcoll
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:37 PM
The ice cream truck every summer evening after supper is one of my favorite childhood memories. We gathered about half an hour before Norman even arrived. Lol
mlg1989
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:38 PM
Lol we never had them in our neighborhood :(
eadyT
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I loved ice cream trucks growing up. My dd did as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:44 PM
Our truck stopped coming down our road. We can still hear him, but the kids get so excited and wait and he never comes.
shadowcat76
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Ours sounds creepy. The sound system must be going and the music is completely warped. It sounds like something out of a Stephen King movie. My kids are afraid of it...lol
QuietNarrative
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 3:37 AM
I can't remember the last time I even saw an ice cream truck. I don't think we have them here anymore.

I rarely ever got anything from the ice cream truck, by the time I asked my parents it was usually already gone.
SadiasMomma
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 3:46 AM
I live in the Bronx and I guess the ice cream truck industry is intense because at least 4 different ones drive by our house from March to November and whenever there's an unseasonably warm day otherwise. there's literally no escaping them.

also the guy who sells cotton candy outside dds school. rain snow sleet or shine. it's crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
exhaustedmother
by Amy on Jan. 21, 2015 at 3:50 AM

Lol - they used to come to our neighborhood when I was a kid. I think my parents splurged like once or twice on ice cream from the truck. Usually mom  would march us down to the mini mart and buy us those 10 cent ice pops instead.

MsJoa
by on Jan. 21, 2015 at 3:53 AM
Ice cream trucks have always freaked me out. I doubt it has anything to do with my older brother telling me that the ice cream man poisons the ice cream, steals children and then eats them.
clligatoraoffee
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 3:53 AM

I preferred going to the shaved ice/snow cone stands. We now have an ice cream truck that comes by during the summer and my kids beg for it but he gets to our house so late usually around 8. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)