Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Honda Pilot

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

Ive been eyeing them for a while now... I'm looking into possibly getting one but I'm worried about making it work with the kids.
Right now I have a mini van, I have one of the middle seats folded down into the floor so it's not in the way. I have 2 kids rear facing (one will likely be turned ff this summer), one in a high back booster.  The one in the booster goes to school, he has to have easy, quick access into and out of his seat. Next year my middle one will be attending a preschool that does a drop off line as well, so he will need to be easily accessed by the teachers, I'm not 100% sure but I think they require them to be in the back passanger side right next to the door.... My other will still be rear facing. Is it going to be a pain to get one and make it work??? I'd love to upgrade while I have the chance, and I've wanted one for a few years now lol. But if it's going to make things hard/complicated with the kids I'll just deal with the mini van til theyre older

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
marinesweetie
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:06 AM
my friend just has her oldest climb over, or she leaves one of the very back seats down anf lets him out through the hatch back
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:10 AM

Can one of the seats be left down in the middle?? I figured if so maybe he can be on the drivers side in the back, youngest in the middle of the middle row and middle ds in middle row on passanger side? :/ Parents arent allowed out of the vehcile in pick up/drop off lines cause they rush everyone in and out of the lines, plus I always keep my stroller, first aid and emergency diaper bag in the trunk lol

Quoting marinesweetie: my friend just has her oldest climb over, or she leaves one of the very back seats down anf lets him out through the hatch back

marinesweetie
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:12 AM
I believe so, i think its the passenger side.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:15 AM

just looked back through pictures... It is the passanger. crap that scratches that plan out lol. Unless theyll allow middle ds to be in center seat :/

Quoting marinesweetie: I believe so, i think its the passenger side.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:55 AM
Bump
caligirl7613
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:57 AM
I know the Honda pilot is HIGHLY recommended if you have a lot of FF kids because every position has top tether hooks and headrests. Beyond that I'm no help.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:12 AM
Right now only one, by fall it'll be 2. But we always use the seat belt to install their seats so I didn't even consider looking at that lol. I was mainly worried about arranging seating, I figured with 2 rows there was no way I couldn't get their seats or back up seats to fit goodm

Quoting caligirl7613: I know the Honda pilot is HIGHLY recommended if you have a lot of FF kids because every position has top tether hooks and headrests. Beyond that I'm no help.
caligirl7613
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:22 AM
I'm talking about the top tether. Not the bottom LATCH connectors. A FF seat needs to be top tethered. You might be able to find an easy way to puzzle the seats. There is a group here called car seat safety that may be able to help. Also if your on FB join the group car seats for the littles. They will give you amazing advice as far as how to position things so everyone can easily get in and out.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Right now only one, by fall it'll be 2. But we always use the seat belt to install their seats so I didn't even consider looking at that lol. I was mainly worried about arranging seating, I figured with 2 rows there was no way I couldn't get their seats or back up seats to fit goodm

Quoting caligirl7613: I know the Honda pilot is HIGHLY recommended if you have a lot of FF kids because every position has top tether hooks and headrests. Beyond that I'm no help.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)