Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stop cause it's not happening

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
My ex keeps giving out my number. He's given it out twice without my permission. The first time was to his sister in another city, she texted me asking to see a pic of ds it took me a couple days to respond because i didn't know who it was.

This time it was to one of his oldest daughters, who asked if she could take our daughter for a weekend. I met his older kids once when dd was a baby and that was it.

Their mom doesn't like me or our 5 year old. He's left dd with his older girls on different occasions without asking me first. I've asked him not to give out my number before after he gave it to his sister.

His older girls have never shown any interest in dd before so i'm weary as to why they want her now. If i knew them better that would be different but dd doesn't go around her sisters.

He doesn't really deal with them either. He has joint custody so we have to keep in touch for her. How would you respond and what would you say to your ex about giving out your number?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:11 AM

I don't answer any calls from numbers I don't know and I don't reply to unknown texts either. I know you have to allow him to have your number but if he is going to give it out then I guess all you can do is block each number that comes in that is from someone you don't know or don't want to have your number. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:14 AM
I'm almost tempted to tell him if he doesn't stop i'll change my number and we'll be going through my mom again.

Quoting Linagma03:

I don't answer any calls from numbers I don't know and I don't reply to unknown texts either. I know you have to allow him to have your number but if he is going to give it out then I guess all you can do is block each number that comes in that is from someone you don't know or don't want to have your number. 

Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:23 AM

If he doesn't listen then that would probably be the way to go but then you'd be forced to change your number to stop him from giving it out just to be a jerk. Really sounds like he isn't going to stop giving it out. Has he even said why he does? 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm almost tempted to tell him if he doesn't stop i'll change my number and we'll be going through my mom again.
Quoting Linagma03:

teri4lance
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:27 AM

tell her no and to not call you again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:34 AM
No he hasn't.....

Quoting Linagma03:

If he doesn't listen then that would probably be the way to go but then you'd be forced to change your number to stop him from giving it out just to be a jerk. Really sounds like he isn't going to stop giving it out. Has he even said why he does? 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm almost tempted to tell him if he doesn't stop i'll change my number and we'll be going through my mom again.

Quoting Linagma03:

143myboys9496
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:48 AM

I'm betting it's because he doesn't want to deal with them..saying "no". He's putting that on you and because he doesn't want to hear you get pissed because he gave your number out he doesn't tell you.

Just a guess.

Quoting Anonymous 1: No he hasn't.....
Quoting Linagma03:

Quoting Linagma03:

csxt99
by Jennifer on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:52 AM

Buy a burner phone and give him that number. Only respond to his number with the burner phone. Then, change your actual phone number and don't give it to him.

TheMaddHatress
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:54 AM
2 moms liked this

Invite them over in a controlled setting that you know well, a favorite place to eat, where your daughter likes to play or hang out, or even your home. That way you don't have to worry, if they are being genuine about wanting to know their little sister they will understand starting off that way rather than taking her out.

My DF has a little brother he just met last year, the little boy is only three years old. It took a few visits but that child adores his big brother now and they get along rather well...well as well as a three year old gets along with anyone lol.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Valentina327
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:01 AM
Very simple ... Only repond to numbers you recognize.
When they don't get a response, they'll be on HIS ass about it and HE can explain.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I think you are spot on.......the only time they deal with him is for money they never ask about dd at all. One of his kids we've ran into in mcdonalds and i told her they are more than welcome to come see dd.

They've never met ds which i think they should but if they have no desire to have a relationship with him oh well i just want him to know he has sisters and brothers besides dd. Dd doesn't really like them.

I plan on talking to him one last time about giving my number out.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

I'm betting it's because he doesn't want to deal with them..saying "no". He's putting that on you and because he doesn't want to hear you get pissed because he gave your number out he doesn't tell you.

Just a guess.

Quoting Anonymous 1: No he hasn't.....

Quoting Linagma03:

Quoting Linagma03:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)