Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do women breastfeed in the most INAPPROPRIATE PLACES *rant*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies
2 moms liked this
I am a single mother. I work full time but I work from home. I have two boys 3 and 4 that literally make me pull out my hair ( I still love them though :) I can't afford 1200 mo for daycare so I multitask mot hering and working an extremely stressful job. Every other Friday, I treat myself to a break. Literally only twice a month for 8 hours I get "me time".

I go to a 24 hour spa around 11 pm and I stay overnight. It USED.to be relaxing...until the inconsiderate moms found out about this place...

I will NEVER understand why one would think bringing infants to an overnight spa is a good idea! Still I understand it's their right so I mind my business UNTIL...I'm relaxing in the "hotter than hell" salt rock sauna and in enters oblivious mom..with a baby that can't be over 3 months.

I had just begun to relax when she sits in the middle of the sauna room and whips out a breasticle. Less than a minute passes and the baby begins to throw the most epic tantrum. I kept quiet for about 3 minutes before I kindly suggested " do you think there maybe a better place to do that?". I mean really- youR friggin' baby is roasting! This clu less bitch goes on a feminist rant and breastfeeding activist speech. Listen- I don't give a shit about your saggy tits. This spa is NUDE hellllo! It's that you are roasting your baby to make a point and just so you can claim that you were mistreated for breastfeeding. It has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with your screaming, melting infant on a place of relaxation. God I hate her and moms like her.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
teri4lance
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this

so....what's this got to do with breastfeeding?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:45 AM
So most of cafemom then right?
DeeDee_28
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:45 AM
Some people have no sense.

I wish I could go to the spa :(
zeenah
by Zarah on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:47 AM
4 moms liked this
Breasticles lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:48 AM

Go to a spa that is for age 18 and up only.  And really, this is not about breast feeding. It's about bringing a baby in a sauna and it's about you not wanting to hear kids/babies...where does breast feeding actually factor in.

Keara20
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:49 AM
2 moms liked this
She's a fucking idiot. Why the hell would you bring a baby somewhere like that???
CannotCount
by It's Misspelt on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:51 AM
Ya a baby shouldn't be in a sauna.
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:52 AM
Whether it's a bottle or boob, the problem is a sauna even ALLOWING an infant. It's not appropriate.
markswife03
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:52 AM
Women like her are in the minority. Most mothers nurse in public because their babies are hungry in public.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Because she got upset and made it seem that I was harassing her for breastfeeding, NOT because she's in a 100+ degree sauna. I see many women do that in other situations too- like sitting in the middle of an aisle etc. Like fins a place that is NOT DISRUPTIVE and nobody will say anything

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Go to a spa that is for age 18 and up only.  And really, this is not about breast feeding. It's about bringing a baby in a sauna and it's about you not wanting to hear kids/babies...where does breast feeding actually factor in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)