Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

about the old posts...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
Those of us on the mobile sites don't always see that they are old until we open them. On the homepage, it lists the date and time of the last reply.

And that is your PSA for the night!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:42 AM

ok....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:44 AM
Word
Peaceful.chaos
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:47 AM
Doesn't explain the original person who bumps it. Digging is required to find old posts that have had replies recently.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ncbirdie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:54 AM

I don't think people "dig" so much as just type in a random page number at the bottom of the group homepage and then bump a random post.  And then quickly delete their "bump" so that no one knows who did it.

Quoting Peaceful.chaos: Doesn't explain the original person who bumps it. Digging is required to find old posts that have had replies recently.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:18 AM
I've never randomly come across a post from 2012 unless someone else bumped it first. I'm always mobile.
504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:19 AM
No lol. They dig.
I'm one that's targeted continually for this. There's no way in hell it happens to so often at random.

Quoting ncbirdie:

I don't think people "dig" so much as just type in a random page number at the bottom of the group homepage and then bump a random post.  And then quickly delete their "bump" so that no one knows who did it.

Quoting Peaceful.chaos: Doesn't explain the original person who bumps it. Digging is required to find old posts that have had replies recently.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ncbirdie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:22 AM

I've seen a lot of posts bumped before that had nothing to do with you.  And even if they are targeting you, there isn't much "digging" involved unless they're looking for specific posts to pull up.  Just type in your sn into the "search group" bar, go back a few pages, and bump a post.

Quoting 504bbymami: No lol. They dig. I'm one that's targeted continually for this. There's no way in hell it happens to so often at random.
Quoting ncbirdie:

cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:27 AM
I've seen this for a long time. Someone likes searching for posts 2-3 years old. Then they bump it and sometimes delete their reply. It's being done on purpose.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)