Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Foreclosure question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

I got served foreclosure papers today, I knew this was coming and I have a new place lined up, but in the papers it says they will be selling the house as-is on June 2nd. 

But never specifies a day as to when I have to be out. I'll be out in plenty of time, well actually in 2 days, but i'm single, pregnant and high risk so i would like to take my time moving some stuff, if i have the time to do so.

how do i know how long i have to get out? shouldn't the papers say?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:14 AM
Of course you can't afford a house and you're single and pregnant!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:15 AM
I'd assume you have til June 2nd
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:15 AM

Quoting Anonymous 2: Of course you can't afford a house and you're single and pregnant!!!

I can afford the house, but when I am single and pregnant, and the entire plumbing system needs replaced, along with shitty electrical issues, I can't afford that. I'll take the foreclosure, i can't afford to fix the place up and pay the rent and my kids need a better place to  call home.

smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:16 AM
I could be wrong, but I think you can legally stay in the home until the foreclosure is complete. That is, until they sell your house.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:16 AM

Quoting Anonymous 3: I'd assume you have til June 2nd

Wouldn't they want time to come in and clean or do whatever they want to do before the auction? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:17 AM
So no, you CAN'T afford the house. Being able to afford the house also means being able to maintain it not just make the mortgage payments.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2: Of course you can't afford a house and you're single and pregnant!!!

I can afford the house, but when I am single and pregnant, and the entire plumbing system needs replaced, along with shitty electrical issues, I can't afford that. I'll take the foreclosure, i can't afford to fix the place up and pay the rent and my kids need a better place to  call home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:18 AM

I would think you have until June 2nd.

smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:18 AM
They usually sell foreclosures a "as is". They don't clean them up or do anything to them.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Wouldn't they want time to come in and clean or do whatever they want to do before the auction? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:19 AM
Nope. As is. Foreclosure auctions many times the houses are trashed. They sell the house for a fraction of the price. Like the house we are currently renting was foreclosed. It was worth $160,000 and auction sold it for $36,000. The banks don't care what it looks like, they just want money for it fast.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Go shove a vibrator up your puss and stfu

Quoting Anonymous 2: So no, you CAN'T afford the house. Being able to afford the house also means being able to maintain it not just make the mortgage payments.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)