• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is anyone seeking fertility treatment?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

If so how much are you willing to spend and how many kids do you have and how old are you and did the treatment fail?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mweddle
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:36 AM
I did IVF when I was 22. It was 12,000. I had to order extra meds so it was a little more than the normal amount. I had many tests before that and I wasn't going to spend any more. It failed. That's ok though. I'm really happy with how everything has turned out in my life. I now have four kids. I would never do another treatment since I am done having kids and especially because I now hold adoption closer to my heart and if I had another it would be through adoption. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:38 AM
We have 3 adopted. We're going to try 2 rounds of ivf. If it doesn't work well take that as a sign to only have our 3 kiddos that we adopted. I'm 25, he's 30
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:25 AM

I am taking medicine to help me ovulate. I have PCOs. We have 3 kids. Two that we get to raise and one in heaven.  We will try this and maybe one more thing and then I am done. We are 32.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:16 AM

Congratulations:)  did you give birth to your 4 kids?

Quoting Mweddle: I did IVF when I was 22. It was 12,000. I had to order extra meds so it was a little more than the normal amount. I had many tests before that and I wasn't going to spend any more. It failed. That's ok though. I'm really happy with how everything has turned out in my life. I now have four kids. I would never do another treatment since I am done having kids and especially because I now hold adoption closer to my heart and if I had another it would be through adoption. :)

DevonD83
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:19 AM
I am 31. Post tubal reversal and had been trying to have a baby with hubby. I was widowed at 25. I have 6 kids ages 13,12,9,8,6,4. I've had many failed cycles including 7 that my hcg started to rise then fell. One ruptured ectopic a year ago.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:21 AM
I don't really want to know the grand total. We started fertility treatments with clomid, and got continually more aggressive until we completed our 5th IVF with no live births. No tests ever explained why. And I had ALL of them.

We adopted our dd 5 years ago, and I am very happy with how our little family turned out:)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:23 AM

Congratulations.  I see adoption as a beautiful thing even though you do not give birth physically you give birth to them from your heart

Quoting Anonymous 4: I don't really want to know the grand total. We started fertility treatments with clomid, and got continually more aggressive until we completed our 5th IVF with no live births. No tests ever explained why. And I had ALL of them. We adopted our dd 5 years ago, and I am very happy with how our little family turned out:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:25 AM

So a ectopic pregnancy caused your infertility?

Quoting DevonD83: I am 31. Post tubal reversal and had been trying to have a baby with hubby. I was widowed at 25. I have 6 kids ages 13,12,9,8,6,4. I've had many failed cycles including 7 that my hcg started to rise then fell. One ruptured ectopic a year ago.

Mweddle
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:34 AM
No they're adopted. :)

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Congratulations:)  did you give birth to your 4 kids?

Quoting Mweddle: I did IVF when I was 22. It was 12,000. I had to order extra meds so it was a little more than the normal amount. I had many tests before that and I wasn't going to spend any more. It failed. That's ok though. I'm really happy with how everything has turned out in my life. I now have four kids. I would never do another treatment since I am done having kids and especially because I now hold adoption closer to my heart and if I had another it would be through adoption. :)

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:35 AM

No...we never pursued anything more than Clomid. We got pregnant on the first round with our first child. Kahlan was stillborn at 36 weeks. ( we were 28 years old). We adopted our middle dd from China 4 years later when we were 32 and had a shock when we found out that I was pregnant 8 months later. Our youngest was born when we were 33 and I had my tubes tied. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)