Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you allow?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:40 AM
  • 25 Replies
This is a question I thought of when reading another ladies post...

What are your "dress code" rules for your girls?

Mine are 11, 7, and 3months, and I have a 5 yr old boy.

For my girls I don't allow shorts shorter than their fingers, makeup/heels outside the house, spaghetti strap shirts to school, bikinis, and skirts without shorts under them.

For my son, he's just not allowed to go outside in his unders which he tried to do regularly! Lol!

So... What are your rules?
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eme20913
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:56 AM
Anyone?
StreetsAhead
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:57 AM
Dont have any
eme20913
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Well ok then :) lol

Quoting StreetsAhead: Dont have any
StreetsAhead
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:01 AM
Well you asked :)

Quoting eme20913: Well ok then :) lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Yay for gender bias!!
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:04 AM
1 mom liked this
We're pretty modest. Our rules are similar to yours. No shorts shorter than fingertip length, no heels, no makeup in public, no spaghetti strap shirts in public, always wear shorts under skirts/dresses, if you wear leggings your shirt has to cover your entire butt. I think that's it :)
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:05 AM
I don't really have set rules, my oldest is 16 and Ive never had a problem with any of my kids wanting anything I think is inapropriate. When they where younger I of course bought the majority of their clothes so it wants an issue. Now i can send my 2 oldest ( 16 and 14) to the mall with money and they buy what the want. Obviously they have to follow the school dress code. My older girls wear make up and my oldest wears heels when she's dressed up for something. I don't have a problem with bikinis ( as long as they are not string bikinis) my girls lean toward tankinis they all have longer bodies so one pieces are not easy to find that fit right plus it's just eaiser to pee if you don't have to take off your entire suit. My oldest started wearing dresses last year and at 16 I'm not about to make her wear shorts, all are an apropriate length, my littles usually have skirts with shorts built in or they will put a pair of bike shorts on.

Pretty much I taught my girls from the time they where little how to dress and they pretty much stuck to it.
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think it's really gender bias. Honestly, they don't really make inappropriate clothing for boys (I mean coverage wise), so there's not much of a need to have the strict rules. If my son tried to wear booty shorts out of the house I wouldn't let him, but that's never been an issue lol. I don't allow my boys to sag their pants or wear demonic looking things on their clothes. That's about it...

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yay for gender bias!!
eme20913
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:10 AM
That I did!

Quoting StreetsAhead: Well you asked :)

Quoting eme20913: Well ok then :) lol

eme20913
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:11 AM
Well I wouldn't let my son wear booty shorts or bikinis either 8)

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yay for gender bias!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)