• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Insomnia. Help me.

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:39 AM
  • 67 Replies
This is they 8th day. I have not a decent nights sleep since I opened my eyes last Thursday morning. I have been to the dr, exercised and anything I can think of. The ambien they gave me at the dr puts me to sleep but a few hours later I'm up again with my mind racing. I have missed 1 and a 1/2 days of work. Short of being admitted to the hospital idk what else to do. Any suggestions?
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VibeRant
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:44 AM

Ambien is designed to put you to sleep but not to keep you asleep. Careful with it because a side affect is loss of memory and, when it starts to take affect, it will make you think that you can get up and do whatever but you really cannot. 

Have you tried Melatonin? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:44 AM
Sorry, I can't help. I've had trouble sleeping my entire life, but starting in July 2012 it became chronic moderate to severe insomnia. I have found nothing that truly helps for any length of time. Here's a bump for you, though, and I hope you find an answer.
Bellaboo49
by Eric Northman's mine on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:47 AM
Yes I have its not working either. I have heard some horror stories about Ambien too. I took one at 11 last night and it's 4:46. I'm scared to take another one. I have all day to sleep but I think it's to soon to take another.

Quoting VibeRant:

Ambien is designed to put you to sleep but not to keep you asleep. Careful with it because a side affect is loss of memory and, when it starts to take affect, it will make you think that you can get up and do whatever but you really cannot. 

Have you tried Melatonin? 

Bellaboo49
by Eric Northman's mine on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:49 AM
Oh my I am so sorry for you! I can't imagine! Thanks for the bump and if I find any sort of relief I'll quote you! Good luck momma.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Sorry, I can't help. I've had trouble sleeping my entire life, but starting in July 2012 it became chronic moderate to severe insomnia. I have found nothing that truly helps for any length of time. Here's a bump for you, though, and I hope you find an answer.
Bellaboo49
by Eric Northman's mine on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:52 AM
Sleepy bump. 😖
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:03 AM
I have this issue sometimes and hate taking pills because they do that or leave me feeling like a medicine head the entire next day. If it's stress related I have to deal with whatever is getting to me but if just random and this may sound silly but there are yoga and relaxation videos on YouTube that help me fall asleep. The ones that do breathing exercises while walking you through relaxing each part of the body somehow work sometimes.
bklynmama716
by John 3:16 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:13 AM
Ambien is not only addictive but it used to put me to sleep for about 4 hours and then I was wide awake! Ugh! My doc put me on 75 mg of seroquel at night and I sleep like a baby plus it's not addictive at all.. It's usually used for bipolar but in like 400 mg doses. I'd ask your doc. Good luck, insomnia sucks!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:14 AM
1 mom liked this
It's okay. I've learned how to deal most of the time. Thank you, though. And I'm hoping that things will change one day.

Quoting Bellaboo49: Oh my I am so sorry for you! I can't imagine! Thanks for the bump and if I find any sort of relief I'll quote you! Good luck momma.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Sorry, I can't help. I've had trouble sleeping my entire life, but starting in July 2012 it became chronic moderate to severe insomnia. I have found nothing that truly helps for any length of time. Here's a bump for you, though, and I hope you find an answer.
Bellaboo49
by Eric Northman's mine on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:15 AM
Idk if it's stress or what. I am always stressed lol. I have chronic tension headaches. Yoga and relaxation is not silly! In fact you may be a genius I will definitely try this! Ty

Quoting Anonymous 2: I have this issue sometimes and hate taking pills because they do that or leave me feeling like a medicine head the entire next day. If it's stress related I have to deal with whatever is getting to me but if just random and this may sound silly but there are yoga and relaxation videos on YouTube that help me fall asleep. The ones that do breathing exercises while walking you through relaxing each part of the body somehow work sometimes.
amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:17 AM
I don't like ambien, but I think they started making extended release ambien a few yrs ago. It's supposed to keep you asleep. But, since I really don't like ambien, I think you should go back to your doctor.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)