Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Message for all the Christian's

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:34 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
super123momma
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:53 AM
BUMP
CountryStrong84
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Amen to that! I get so tired of seeing "Christians" acting so un-Christ like. It's like they aren't even reading the same bible as everyone else. The judgement is for God, not the individual.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:57 AM
Christ always accepted everyone. He didn't accept all behaviors, but he accepted all people with love. We should live as Christ did.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:57 AM
Amen!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:01 AM

I agree everyone should accept Christians.

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:01 AM

I agree.

However, many people confuse disapproval with lack of acceptance. I can accept anyone, be friends with anyone who wants to be friends with me - but I can't approve of all of their choices. I can't pretend like wrong is right or that I don't believe in absolute truth.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:03 AM
That's actually not true. God actually calls us to use digression (judge). However we are to judge sin, not t. You are heartthe heart of a sinner (which everyone is), that only God should do that.

Quoting CountryStrong84: Amen to that! I get so tired of seeing "Christians" acting so un-Christ like. It's like they aren't even reading the same bible as everyone else. The judgement is for God, not the individual.
CountryStrong84
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:05 AM
Then why does it say let the man with no sin cast the first stone? Honest question there. I don't know the bible inside and out.

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's actually not true. God actually calls us to use digression (judge). However we are to judge sin, not t. You are heartthe heart of a sinner (which everyone is), that only God should do that.

Quoting CountryStrong84: Amen to that! I get so tired of seeing "Christians" acting so un-Christ like. It's like they aren't even reading the same bible as everyone else. The judgement is for God, not the individual.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:15 AM
The statement was made by Jesus. He was actually calling out the Pharisees in a lie. Often times frequently misused verses have a greater context than what is quoted.

The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman caught in adultery, and having set her in the center [of the court], they said to Him, "Teacher, this woman has been caught in adultery, in the very act. Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women; what then do You say?" They were saying this, testing Him, so that they might have grounds for accusing Him. But Jesus stooped down and with His finger wrote on the ground. But when they persisted in asking Him, He straightened up, and said to them, "He who is without sin among you, let him [be the] first to throw a stone at her." –John 8:3-7

A couple of things to notice are...

How strange that these Pharisees brought only the woman to Jesus - after all they did say they caught her in the very act of adultery - the law of Moses required that both the man and the woman were to be stoned to death - here Jesus is confronted by men having an agenda to simply test Jesus. Keep in mind these are the same group of people (Pharisees) that later plotted to kill Jesus for raising a man from the dead - so are they to be trusted? Imagine if Jesus took their word, which wasn't worth much, and said stone her - he would have not followed the law of Moses correctly as the man involved should also be brought forward for death. So knowing these men were out to trick Jesus and seeing that they weren't following the law of Moses correctly - how could he condemn her.

Notice that Jesus reveals to them that He knows they're up to no good! They are in sin as well (by only bringing the woman and trying to test Jesus). Notice that He does not say don't stone her or don’t judge her, he basically says go ahead - BUT the one that is going about this without sin (not in a sinful way/having no other agenda but justice) can be the first one to cast a stone.

You see, Christians ARE to judge, the key is that judging is to be done in a righteous manner - with all fairness.

Quoting CountryStrong84: Then why does it say let the man with no sin cast the first stone? Honest question there. I don't know the bible inside and out.
Quoting Anonymous 1: That's actually not true. God actually calls us to use digression (judge). However we are to judge sin, not t. You are heartthe heart of a sinner (which everyone is), that only God should do that.
CountryStrong84
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:18 AM
Thanks for taking the time to explain all that. Very informative!

Quoting Anonymous 1: The statement was made by Jesus. He was actually calling out the Pharisees in a lie. Often times frequently misused verses have a greater context than what is quoted.

The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman caught in adultery, and having set her in the center [of the court], they said to Him, "Teacher, this woman has been caught in adultery, in the very act. Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women; what then do You say?" They were saying this, testing Him, so that they might have grounds for accusing Him. But Jesus stooped down and with His finger wrote on the ground. But when they persisted in asking Him, He straightened up, and said to them, "He who is without sin among you, let him [be the] first to throw a stone at her." –John 8:3-7

A couple of things to notice are...

How strange that these Pharisees brought only the woman to Jesus - after all they did say they caught her in the very act of adultery - the law of Moses required that both the man and the woman were to be stoned to death - here Jesus is confronted by men having an agenda to simply test Jesus. Keep in mind these are the same group of people (Pharisees) that later plotted to kill Jesus for raising a man from the dead - so are they to be trusted? Imagine if Jesus took their word, which wasn't worth much, and said stone her - he would have not followed the law of Moses correctly as the man involved should also be brought forward for death. So knowing these men were out to trick Jesus and seeing that they weren't following the law of Moses correctly - how could he condemn her.

Notice that Jesus reveals to them that He knows they're up to no good! They are in sin as well (by only bringing the woman and trying to test Jesus). Notice that He does not say don't stone her or don’t judge her, he basically says go ahead - BUT the one that is going about this without sin (not in a sinful way/having no other agenda but justice) can be the first one to cast a stone.

You see, Christians ARE to judge, the key is that judging is to be done in a righteous manner - with all fairness.

Quoting CountryStrong84: Then why does it say let the man with no sin cast the first stone? Honest question there. I don't know the bible inside and out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)