Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

urgent! please help!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
There is an awful smell in my house! I don't know what it is!! Or what to do?! Its everyday no amount of febreze helps I'm literally in tears it stinks! But I feel like I have smelled it before in someone's house.. We have a cat but litter box stays clean as well as our house. How can I figure out what it is?? I'm at my wits end.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CinderellaLover
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:52 AM

Could you have a natural gas leak? I would call your gas company ASAP!! Something as small as the flip of a switch can cause a exsplosion 

Ilaynasmommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:54 AM

Which room is it worse? What does it smell like?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:56 AM
No its not a gas smell its like a... Dirty dead rodent dirty ass smell.. Its so hard to describe :(
licyandgid
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Could something have died in a wall, under a cabinet, or under the floor? We had the worst smell in my parents house one time while growing up, there was a mouse had died inside the bottom of the kitchen island. We had to take it apart to find what was making the stench.
licyandgid
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:57 AM
Sounds like some dirty dead rodent dirty ass.

Quoting Anonymous 1: No its not a gas smell its like a... Dirty dead rodent dirty ass smell.. Its so hard to describe :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:57 AM
Honestly its really the whole house except for laundry room which was an addition to the house and that's actually where the cat box is too which kills my theory on the cat.. I just don't know what to do or who to call?..
tapies2324
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:58 AM
Pull out all your kitchen drawers. Are there turds?
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:59 AM
2 moms liked this
Rotten potatoes? That happened to me twice!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:59 AM
Doesn't smell like rotten egg does it?
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:00 AM
If you have drains in the basement they may need water. When they get dry they stink.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Honestly its really the whole house except for laundry room which was an addition to the house and that's actually where the cat box is too which kills my theory on the cat.. I just don't know what to do or who to call?..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)