Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Letter to my daughters BFFs mom

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:17 AM
  • 78 Replies
Hi. Congrats on your engagement. Katy says he's really rich and that's why you moved an hour away, to live in his fancy downtown condo. I'm glad your x stepped up and is taking your daughter full time. Katy would have been sad if J had to move.
I think it's great you can afford tropical vacations every weekend but you know your x works weekends right? Do you know J is here every weekend, all weekend? It's like having visitation with a child that's not mine. If we want to go to a movie or museum we have to pay for your child. She is a picky eater so I have to plan special meals around her taste or she cries. She may cry anyway.
I forgot to mention that part. 3 months ago she lived with you full time and visited dad every other weekend. Now she lives with dad and has been with me all but one weekend per month. She's sad and hurt you replaced her for a man she has met twice, because he doesn't care for kids. She's 11 you know. She needs you for at least 7 more years. You are barely half done.
Her behavior has changed. She's obsessed with boys to the point of embarrassing herself.
In 45 minutes your daughter will be dropped off here. I want to help this poor girl but I'm beginning to resent the fact that I need to.
Be a mom, stop being so selfish.

Not that I would have the nerve to send it, but I would like to.
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
janlove925
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:18 AM
Wow
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:19 AM
2 moms liked this

You sound like a child yourself.

Corieva
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this
You should. Theat poor girl needs her mom and the mom needs to hear the truth.
Patti-Gee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:21 AM

You seem a tad bit selfish yourself. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:21 AM
How awful for that child.
jaxons_mama
by Live*Laugh*Love on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow. Sounds like that poor girl needs someone she can count on. If it were me I'd probably send that letter.
caustinb
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:23 AM
That's really sad. Poor kid.
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:23 AM
3 moms liked this

Unfortunately, I doubt her mom will pull her head from her ass, Spam.  Maybe you need to talk with her dad about not dropping her off with you all the time.  He needs to take it up with her mother and figure something out.

But I don't blame you for getting aggravated.  I despise women who pick men over their kids. 

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:24 AM
2 moms liked this
How is the OP selfish?

Quoting Patti-Gee:

You seem a tad bit selfish yourself. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XxMandazX
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:25 AM
Whoa
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)