Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I an introvert?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
I took a quiz from psychology today. I scored 2/100. I know that's bad.

I don't feel normal. I never have. I'm extremely socially awkward. I wish I wasn't, but I can't seem to be any other way even if I try. I don't have friends. I really just don't like people. I never fit in. I can't relate. I have problems getting along with others. It's starting to affect my job. I'm thinking about seeing a therapist. Can they help?

Here's the quiz....

http://psychologytoday.tests.psychtests.com/take_test.php?idRegTest=1311
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Being introverted does not mean you're socially awkward.

I am a true introvert. I do fine in public settings, and I am not socially awkward. However, I PREFER solitude and quiet and I require a recharge time after social gatherings. They exhaust me mentally and emotionally.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:23 AM

I don't know but it seems that being an introvert is the popular thing now.

( everyone is so PROUD to tell how they are an introvert.) SMDH

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:25 AM

Introversion just means you need alone time to recharge. It has nothing to do with how much you like being around people or how you handle social situations.

Social awkwardness is a separate thing altogether. Humans are social creatures and not being able to interact with others properly is definitely a problem you should try to fix.

A_McCool
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:26 AM

I'm very introverted, and I have Asperger's so I'm very socially awkward.  They are two separate things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:27 AM
I'm not sure if I'm an introvert or not, but I know that something is off that needs to change. I'm just not sure how to make the change. I'm definitely not proud of the way I am.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I don't know but it seems that being an introvert is the popular thing now.

( everyone is so PROUD to tell how they are an introvert.) SMDH

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:27 AM
I'm introvert and absolutely fine with it. It's who I am. Why act like its a bad thing?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:29 AM
How exactly do I fix it? Psychiatrist, psychologist....? I don't know where to start.

Quoting B1Bomber:

Introversion just means you need alone time to recharge. It has nothing to do with how much you like being around people or how you handle social situations.

Social awkwardness is a separate thing altogether. Humans are social creatures and not being able to interact with others properly is definitely a problem you should try to fix.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:29 AM
This! My friend is an introvert. Had no clue till she said something. She can hold her own in conversations. Very friendly and willing to talk with people BUT needs her quiet time at home to recharge. Would rather sit and read a book.

My dh is an introvert and can at times be socially awkward.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Being introverted does not mean you're socially awkward.

I am a true introvert. I do fine in public settings, and I am not socially awkward. However, I PREFER solitude and quiet and I require a recharge time after social gatherings. They exhaust me mentally and emotionally.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:31 AM
It's affecting my job. Everyone at work is very social. They see my as rude because I'm not. I'm also very straight forward with out thinking about it. They find if offensive. That's why it is a bad thing. I can't lose my job.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I'm introvert and absolutely fine with it. It's who I am. Why act like its a bad thing?
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:34 AM

I don't really know. Call and explain your problem and ask if you're at the right kind of counselor.

Quoting Anonymous 1: How exactly do I fix it? Psychiatrist, psychologist....? I don't know where to start.
Quoting B1Bomber:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)