Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Idk what it could be

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:25 AM
  • 8 Replies
My dd is NOT dairy sensitive when it comes to eating it.

But for some reason if it gets on her face or hands, when I wipe it off skin underneath is bright red...

Anyone have this happen to them? Or their child??
Think it's just dairy sensitivity on the outside?? Or sensitive skins?
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
PrincessKarma
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:42 AM

Idk either, here is a bump.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I dont know, But I have experianced something like this. I can not make my Favorite cookie because when I am rolling the dough into balls my hands break out, however I can eat them when they are cooked.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:45 AM
No idea, here's a bump.
LyTe684
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:45 AM
I've heard something similar with shrimps. A girl I knew could eat them, but couldn't clean/touch them with her hands or she'd break out. That was just her reaction.
mum2wyatt
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:49 AM
This happens to me & my mother too. If our hands get itchy we soak them in cold water or rub ice on them. We never had problems with eating anything though. Does it seem to bother lol?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I dont know, But I have experianced something like this. I can not make my Favorite cookie because when I am rolling the dough into balls my hands break out, however I can eat them when they are cooked.

Emycf
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this
This is me, too! I can eat shrimp all I want, but if the raw "juice" from any shell fish gets on me I start itching like mad. No visible rash, though, which is even more strange to me.

Quoting LyTe684: I've heard something similar with shrimps. A girl I knew could eat them, but couldn't clean/touch them with her hands or she'd break out. That was just her reaction.
Mamajustice92
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Doesn't seem to itch her or anything...at least not that noticed yet.

Thanks for that tip

Quoting mum2wyatt: This happens to me & my mother too. If our hands get itchy we soak them in cold water or rub ice on them. We never had problems with eating anything though. Does it seem to bother lol?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

danie24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:09 AM

She could have a dairy intolerance.

Dairy intolerance can show up in a variety of ways.

Breathing problems, skin problems, behavioural problems.. chronic ear infections are very common in children with dairy intolerance.

We avoid dairy because it's junk food. But if my kid was getting rashes where her skin touched it, I'd definitely make sure she wasn't consuming it. 

Good luck :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)