Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you not know!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies
1 mom liked this

I work in a school and am face to face with over 400 kids everyday. Please please parents make sure your child doesn't smell like urine,smoke (cigarette and pot), or any other funk they come into contact with. I hear what the other kids say about them and its heartbreaking to watch. Also please for the love of all that is holy brush their hair at least twice a week. I have a little girl who asks me to brush her hair everyday because kids are laughing at her and I cant help her. The last point I swear is this...if the child screams and cries for mommy everyday and then begins to vomit from crying maybe they aren't quite ready for kindergarten. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:28 AM
It's sad isn't it? I've come across a number of students who smell, don't wash their hair, wear clothes that don't fit, etc.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:29 AM

My daughter also works in a school. She told me last week, a 1st grader went to school with cat pee all over his backpack, which also got onto  his clothes. They managed to get him clean clothes, and a different backpack. When they called the mom to tell her, all she said was 'well, I thought I smelled it when I was in my room." So ignorant. DD said she felt so bad for the little boy.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree. Please come to my house and explain the hair brushing to my DD who thinks it is torture to brush her hair. LOL. I still insist it's done though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:35 AM

There are so many instances that make me wanna pull my hair out. The kids who feel like crap and vomit in the morning and sleep in the nurses office all day because nobody would pick them up. The kids who show up with fevers and tell mom/day/grandma say if they don't feel better later to call home. The stinky,dirty,sad kids just break my heart.

sasaronincheese
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:35 AM
Here, the kids can start at four as long as they are five in the first two months of school. I don't think it's wise for the kids to start so young! Mine all started at six. One was almost seven, at six years ten months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrincessKarma
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:36 AM

How sad. My little man gets a shower every morning, gets fresh and dressed up, is never near or in contact with smoke or anything. I also comb his hair every morning and sometimes spike it. He is completely clean and extremely well mannered, having only started K when he was 4. He's done perfectly this year.

RheaF
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:36 AM
3 moms liked this
Many times they don't realize they smell. When I was growing up both my parents smoked. We all got so used to the smell that we didn't smell it anymore.
heidi749
by Canadian on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:39 AM

I hear you.. I work in the school cafeteria....It is sad when you see kids like that. My step mil is  ateacher so she see's it even more so than I do.

redneckmama4
by Loree on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:39 AM
We had a 12yo wander around town on a busy homecoming friday with poop in her britches...all day long! So disgustin' and sad no one did anything. I was told later or I would've taken her home. Our town is small enough to walk everywhere.

I hate that lice infestations have to be kept on the down low now. Kids can go to school daily with funky bug hair. Yuck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this
that's just seriously pathetic.

Quoting sasaronincheese: Here, the kids can start at four as long as they are five in the first two months of school. I don't think it's wise for the kids to start so young! Mine all started at six. One was almost seven, at six years ten months.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)