Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anybody doing the 52 week money challenge?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
How's it going? Did you make a special jar/container?

So far I have put more than the minimum. Its hiding in my closet. I have s bell jar with travel stickers. I'm planning on putting about $2k (that's my goal) to surprise DH at Christmas time as a downpayment for a nice family vacation.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jodee24
by Sliceoflife on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:49 AM
I am!!!
MythrylHavoc
by Data on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:50 AM

I am, but it's just moving money into my saving account.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:51 AM
How's it going? Do you have an idea of what you'll do with the money?

Quoting Jodee24: I am!!!
heather86w
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:51 AM
We are not doing this specificly but we are always saving for our yearly family vacation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:52 AM
I considered that but DH and I see each others. Accounts, so the surprise thing wouldn't work. :-)

Quoting MythrylHavoc:

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:53 AM

We did it last year and we are doing it again this year. I put a month's worth of money into our little money box at the first of the month. I just put February's money in it yesterday. 

Last year, we split the money: part into savings, part as a "family gift" and the other part was split between the kids. They both donated all of the money to various organizations at Christmas. The family gift ended up being a puppy. 

I have put $45 in our little money bin so far this year...weeks 1-9. It's easier to do it all at once rather than try to do it weekly IMO. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

redneckmama4
by Loree on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:54 AM
Yep! Boys vs girls. Whoever has the most money at the end will choose how the money is spent. Ski vacation! Or Yellowstone :)
MythrylHavoc
by Data on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:54 AM

Ahh . Dh knows I am doing it but he does not have access to my savings account. He has probably forgotten about it actually lol.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I considered that but DH and I see each others. Accounts, so the surprise thing wouldn't work. :-)
Quoting MythrylHavoc:

leksismommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:55 AM
We started last year. We started off with the plan, but in about 6 weeks we just took $20 out of every paycheck. Our pay weeks alternate so we are still saving $80 a month. Recently we needed to use a good portion for car repairs
Saphira1207
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I have no clue what the 2 of you are discussing.

I just wanted to say I LOVE Data. And I think it's funny watching everyone around him giggle when he does that scene.  And the "Life form" song.  It's hilarious!  :)

Quoting MythrylHavoc:

Ahh . Dh knows I am doing it but he does not have access to my savings account. He has probably forgotten about it actually lol.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I considered that but DH and I see each others. Accounts, so the surprise thing wouldn't work. :-)
Quoting MythrylHavoc:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)