• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sherrie shepherds surrogate speaks out!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:18 AM
  • 25 Replies
“I just don’t understand how she can act like this baby is nonexistent. It just blows my mind,” Jessica Bartholomew told Inside Edition Thursday night.

Now Bartholomew says the state of California may come after her to pay child support to Sally, who has full custody of Lamar, Jr.

“I am now listed as a noncustodial parent in California. I have a child support case coming against me now,” said Bartholomew, whose name is on the birth certificate as the mother.

“When I decided to do this for them I didn’t think something like this could happen, ever,” she said.
“She would call up and check on me during the pregnancy in the beginning. At the 20-week appointment, she seemed very excited. She was going to see the baby for the first time… I didn’t see any warning signs right away.”

Lamar Jr. was born Aug. 5 and was conceived using Sally’s sperm and another woman’s egg.

“I am angry with Sherri because she never once contacted me to tell me what was happening,” Bartholomew said. “It was kind of like I was left out in the cold.” Good god, apparently she didn't have a lawyer “She would call up and check on me during the pregnancy in the beginning. At the 20-week appointment, she seemed very excited. She was going to see the baby for the first time… I didn’t see any warning signs right away.
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:20 AM
I wonder if they will pursue the egg donor. This case is insane.
Goodybag1
by CuteiPie on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:20 AM
Apparently she didn't have a lawyer oversee her paperwork.
bcoll
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:20 AM
I'm missing a lot of this story apparently.
Goodybag1
by CuteiPie on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:21 AM
Sherrie appears so selfish.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I wonder if they will pursue the egg donor. This case is insane.
Chaos1229
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:21 AM
I'm in the dark here what's the back story ? I mean I know who Sherri Shepard is but what's going on .
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:23 AM
Off to google!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:24 AM
Yes she does.

Quoting Goodybag1: Sherrie appears so selfish.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I wonder if they will pursue the egg donor. This case is insane.
Goodybag1
by CuteiPie on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:24 AM
Her and her dh hired a surrogate, but before she had the child they divorced. He wants to keep the baby, and since it wasn't her egg, she has split not wanting to pay cs.

Quoting Chaos1229: I'm in the dark here what's the back story ? I mean I know who Sherri Shepard is but what's going on .
Goodybag1
by CuteiPie on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:24 AM
Lol

Quoting bluebunnybabe: Off to google!
FutureCooper118
by Kylie on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:26 AM
The couple ended up splitting and the dad has the kid but since Sherrie wasn't there at birth the surrogates the "mom" on birth certificate. The dad is now coming at the surrogate for child support. Some messed up loopholes. The surrogates also a single mom of 2 and was doing this for extra money and to help. SO crazy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)