Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wish just once....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
Maybe I'm being selfish.. But my s/o canceled all plans for my 30th bday party, because he's been slow with work. I was OK with that... Buy recently he's been spending a ton of money on video games (which OK.. I understand they're rare and its kind of like a one time thing.. ) so I accepted that.

I offered to go away for his bday/valentines day. Because I work for a hotel chain I can get a room at dirt cheap. That's all we'd have to pay for. We have free movie tickets and a gcard to eat. And he turned that down.

My birthday is a month away. ( My 30th) We were supposed to go away for the weekend... The room would have cost $60. For Thw whole weekend.. But it was to expensive.. OK.....

So I just got a text, he bought his father (who hasn't worked in a year... Because he's too lazy to apply for jobs) a brand new TV???? Like wtf. Am I wrong for being upset? Am I just being selfish/childish?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:26 AM
I'd be upset too. You are obviously low on his list of priorities.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this
What the pp just said and sorry lady ): That totally blows and is really rude of him.

How serious are you with this guy? How long have you been together?
Spare.Time
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Invite your best friend and the two of you go celebrate your birthday. Your dh can spend time alone with the kids and his dad. Win win for everyone.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:31 AM
I'd cut him loose.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

No, you're not wrong.  I'd add up everything he just bought and total up what your birthday celebration would have been and show him the difference.  I wouldn't begrudge him his purchases, but he's making it clear you're not as important as his video games.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:56 AM
8 years.

Quoting Anonymous 3: What the pp just said and sorry lady ): That totally blows and is really rude of him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:05 PM
): You know... I'd just blow him off and go with one of my friends or hell.. Maybe a guy friend ;)

Happy birthday 🎂

Quoting Anonymous 1: 8 years.

Quoting Anonymous 3: What the pp just said and sorry lady ): That totally blows and is really rude of him.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:10 PM
I'd be very upset. He sounds like my ex.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:13 PM
Just divorce him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)