Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Does my child act like he's being murdered whenever I put pull ups on him? Screaming like he's in pain or something? Kicking me?

Is this normal?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:34 AM

Maybe he is really intent on wearing "big boy underpants" and feels like the pull ups are a baby thing.

Emycf
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:39 AM
My guess is because he gets some kind of response from you that he likes controlling. Do you go all apologetic and stuff when he's performing these antics (honey I'm sorry, I know you don't like them, but you have to wear them, please)? If so, stop. Be completely intentional* about it and tell him to stop in a firm, strong voice.

My other question is does he have sensory problems?

*unemotional. I really hate my phone's auto fill.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:39 AM
I have tried naked, cloth under wear. Everything. He is violently angry about potty training it self. I give up.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Maybe he is really intent on wearing "big boy underpants" and feels like the pull ups are a baby thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I probably look mad. Because I hold him down and put them on him. But I am not sweet about him acting like a jerk. Fuck that.

Quoting Emycf: My guess is because he gets some kind of response from you that he likes controlling. Do you go all apologetic and stuff when he's performing these antics (honey I'm sorry, I know you don't like them, but you have to wear them, please)? If so, stop. Be completely intentional about it and tell him to stop in a firm, strong voice.

maminka-4
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:41 AM

Take his lead. Do not force potty training. It could lead to constipation and thats not something you want to deal with.

How old is he?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have tried naked, cloth under wear. Everything. He is violently angry about potty training it self. I give up.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:41 AM
He has attitude problems and violence problems. Which I have been told are in the normal range of toddler behavior.

Quoting Emycf: My guess is because he gets some kind of response from you that he likes controlling. Do you go all apologetic and stuff when he's performing these antics (honey I'm sorry, I know you don't like them, but you have to wear them, please)? If so, stop. Be completely intentional about it and tell him to stop in a firm, strong voice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:42 AM
Almost 3. He needs to start doing this before pre school. It isn't an option to wait much longer.

Quoting maminka-4:

Take his lead. Do not force potty training. It could lead to constipation and thats not something you want to deal with.

How old is he?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have tried naked, cloth under wear. Everything. He is violently angry about potty training it self. I give up.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

firespurity
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:42 AM
How old is he?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:51 AM
2 years and 10 'months.

Quoting firespurity: How old is he?
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:51 AM
Be consistent. He'll get used to them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)