Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sharing a bedroom

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:54 AM
  • 7 Replies
My DDs are 18 months apart. Right now we have a 3 bedroom so they get their own room. They have never shared a room. We are due in June and our lease is up in July. So obviously the baby will get her own room and my other 2 would share if we stayed here. We are looking to move and into a bigger home. But my girls want to share a bedroom no matter what and I don't know how I feel about it. I am afraid they won't fall asleep as easily. Should I let them share a room now to see how it would go? Because for a few weeks they will be sharing anyways.
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Peaceful.chaos
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:55 AM
I don't see a problem with them sharing a room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeppermintyTea
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:57 AM
Yes, and if you get a bigger place you can turn one into a playroom - then if sharing doesn't work out move one of the girls to the spare room. We did that for our twin sons, and they chose to share a room until this year (they're 12) they just started sleeping in their own rooms earlier this month.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:58 AM

My DH loved sharing a room with his brother. Even when there were empty rooms they shared until they were teens. He said it was fun to have your brother always around to play with and if they woke up before mom and dad they would just happily play legos together. If they want to room share let them! I think it will help build sibling togetherness and a closer family unit. If problems come up you can set ground rules

ashiilolo
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:59 AM
I'm just worried about them not falling asleep. Right now they know that when I say it's bed time, I go and tuck them in and that's it. If they share I think they might keep the other one up with talking. But I think I'm going to try it.

Quoting PeppermintyTea: Yes, and if you get a bigger place you can turn one into a playroom - then if sharing doesn't work out move one of the girls to the spare room. We did that for our twin sons, and they chose to share a room until this year (they're 12) they just started sleeping in their own rooms earlier this month.
GodsAmiga
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughters are 21 months apart and have shared a room before and when they weren't they many times ended up asking to sleep together for a sleepover anyways. Lol! Now we are moving into a 3 bedroom and I am due with our fourth so there will be some shuffling. Our oldest asked to share with the new baby sister and our second will share with our son (she is 4 and he is only 1). If we still have this house when he is older we will probably add on another room so he can have his own space since he will be the only boy. Lol! I remember sharing a room with my sister for years. :-) Even if they have whispered conversations or nights when you have to shush them they will remember and treasure those sister memories when they're older. :-)

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:09 PM
My 7 year old and two year old just recently started sharing and it is much more difficult to get them to lay down, but they are having tons of fun. I've always felt that I don't care what they do as long as they stay on their room anyway.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:40 PM
I would give it a try and if it doesn't work out then tell them they have to have their own rooms.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)