Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stop talking to my dd youre weird!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:03 PM
  • 19 Replies
Is what i wanted to scream at mellow mushroom last night . We had this very odd waiter .he had this unusual interest in my dd . He keep stopping by the table talking to her over and over so much so it creeped me out. This happened about 5~6 times . Has anyone ever creeped you out when it comes to your kids? I swear this waiter just came across as a molester .
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:06 PM

It's happened, not a lot, but it has happened.  At that point, I remove us from the situation or tell whoever it is they are being inappropriate.

sdtoga
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:08 PM

"Manager!"
Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:14 PM
Yeah... Not a waitor but an older man at the grocery store. He kept coming over to chat with my 3 yr old. I don't normally mind because we just live in a friendly area so it isn't unusual. But this guy... Just had my alarm bells going. I finally asked him to not speak to my child because we were trying to teach stranger danger.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:18 PM
2 moms liked this
When I waitressed I would pay special attention to the children because it pleased the parents to give their little darlings attention, which then gave me a better tip. Of course it's a fine line to creepy.
bethpelle
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:20 PM
That hasn't happened with my kids, luckily. I have boys though.
OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:23 PM

DD attracts every old man in the resaurant and they love to charm each other.  Never been creeped out, cold food maybe but never creeped out.

Momeficient
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:24 PM
Once with a known child molester in my neighborhood. I was walking down the street with my daughter and he stopped dead in his tracks and was just staring at her with this evil looking grin on his face. I almost threw up at the thought of what kind of thoughts were in his head.
bonberi
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:27 PM

Nope. Just the annoying babushkas that always have a comment and so annoying.

MicheleJM
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:28 PM

Once in a convenience store.  This guy tried to buy candy for my son and I told him no he doesn't need any.  then he started stroking his head.  It creeped me out and we got the hell out of there.  My son didn't understand why I was creeped out either or hurried out.  I tried to explain about stranger danger and not to tolerate what feels uncomfortable.  "But Mom...he wasn't bothering me."  What to say?  that was the end of that.

Squat2pee
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:29 PM

Hey!!!! Welcome back!!

Quoting thenameshailie: When I waitressed I would pay special attention to the children because it pleased the parents to give their little darlings attention, which then gave me a better tip. Of course it's a fine line to creepy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)