Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Time Warner eases balances owed to them every seven years

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

My BIL had Time Warner about 8 years ago but lost the service because he was unable to pay the bill. He told us he owed them about 700 dollars.  I guess he decided to try and settle his bill with them.  He called them yesterday to pay it and get service from them again......he has a zero balance.  The lady told him that after 7 years they purge their system and ease all owed balances from customers that haven't made payments.  He was super excited and is getting their service again on Tuesday.

Has anyone else ever heard of that?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:28 PM
Most business do that. Then they file a report with the IRS and that amount has to be included as earnings when you file your taxes.
MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:53 PM
I had TW when I was like 18 and never paid the bill. I set up service again when I was in my 30's, prepared to pay the outstanding bill, but I mentioned to the guy that the bill must be over 10 years old. He checked and said, "You're right. You don't have to pay it." So I didn't. It's not on my credit report and certainly didn't affect my taxes as the anon post claims. The time Warner guy told me if the bill was over 6 years old, it was forgiven.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)