Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter is experiencing racism at her school.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

She is ten years old and white.  There is a girl there that is a known bully, a ten year old black girl.  She has been picking on my daughter.  I went to the school twice last year because of bullying issues with her.    Last week, the girl, Mayana, told my daughter that she is the type of white person who owed slaves and that she only wants to make Mayana her slave.  Mayana told her that my daughter that I don't like Mayana because I am racist.  That I don't like her because she's black.  She tells my daughter that my daughter is a white person that wants blacks to go back to being slaves and tells her how horrible she is because she's white.

So how would you handle this?  Would you contact the school about it?  I really do feel like my daughter is experiencing racism and is being picked on for being white

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Charlie557
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:35 PM

Of course I would contact the school. What a silly thing to ask.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:35 PM

bump

blessbest
by KristinMom on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:36 PM
Write to the school or you go there yourself and lay the complain..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:37 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:37 PM
Yes and warn that you'll go to the board if your dd continues to be harassed by this other child.
ivy801
by Big Mama on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:38 PM
How terrible, wonder who is teaching her that crap. Mine is being bully too, trying to figure out how to deal with it.
sfigu16
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:38 PM

LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:39 PM

Contact the school, first. Show up, instead of calling or writing an email. Though, if they're anything like my kid's school, you may have to go higher than that. School board, local media, whatever it takes to get the problem handled. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:40 PM

Quoting ivy801: How terrible, wonder who is teaching her that crap. Mine is being bully too, trying to figure out how to deal with it.

It's hard to know what to do because the little girl is in foster care so the school tends to cut her a lot of slack.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:40 PM
Wow i cant imagine what this bully has been through to feel so miserable and disgusted about herself. Im so sorry your dd is going through this. I have been through my share of racism as well and its not cool. I would contact the school and make sure they actually do something about it and keep keaving my complaints until the problem has stopped!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)