Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any whites experience racism?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
When I was a young teen my best friend was a black girl. We were always together for years. During this time I was shamed for my white pastry skin since most of our friends were also black. I was a young teen and didn't know better. I was always trying to make my skin darker instead of loving the skin I was in.
Eventually our friendship was strained because of racism. Other blacks made fun of her for hanging out with a white girl and called me " the white shadow". It bothered her but I told her to ignore them. One day she told me she didn't want to hang out. I saw her very little after that.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:50 PM
:( I'm sorry that happened to you. Some people are weak.
Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:51 PM
Yep. I got jumped by 3 black girls in middle school because a black boy had a crush on me.

I don't dwell on it though.
caligirl7613
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:51 PM
Yes. And it made me appreciate the hell African americans and people who are not white go through every single day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:52 PM
I agree. I never saw them as different but they made me feel like I was different and less than they were. I got picked on, bullied and threatened to have my little white ass kicked all the time.

Quoting Anonymous 2: :( I'm sorry that happened to you. Some people are weak.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:53 PM
It didn't make me appreciate it at all. I started looking at them as a bunch of whinning hypocrites

Quoting caligirl7613: Yes. And it made me appreciate the hell African americans and people who are not white go through every single day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:54 PM
I got turned down on a teaching position because they told me the kids would relate better to someone of their own race (school was about 60/40 black).
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:55 PM

Yes, but I blame the person, not the race.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:55 PM
Wow! That crap wouldn't fly if it were told to a black teacher.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I got turned down on a teaching position because they told me the kids would relate better to someone of their own race (school was about 60/40 black).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:56 PM

Yes.  In college I was in the beginning stages of friendship with a black girl.  My name is both Hispanic and Italian.  When she found out I was Italian she said disappointingly "oh, I though you were a woman of color" and didn't speak to me again.

my3girls201410
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:56 PM
Yes but I'm mixed black/white. I have been called every name under the sun
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)