• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So, my husband and his best friend own a restaurant...

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:37 PM
  • 22 Replies

And the best friend's wife is the official Ice Queen. She works the front of the house and is a horrid bitch that thinks she rules all. Both my husband and her husband walk on eggshells around her and it makes me fucking crazy. My husband does it out of respect for his best friend (and co-owner) because he wants to keep the peace. Why his partner doesn't put his wife in place (and by "in place" I mean it's not her fucking restaurant to run, just like it is not mine) and keep her from creating so much drama, I'm not sure. Everyone in that place leaves every afternoon miserable because of HER. 

I never say anything, even though it bugs me to no end when she talks down to my husband. Today, after close, I brought the dog down because he was acting strange and wanted my husband's opinion on whether we should go to the vet. He said, "Don't let the ice queen see him' (she is allergic to dogs with dander, which mine is not, but anyways...) and I, jokingly, say, "I will hold that bitch down and rub him on her!"...

and she heard me. Whoops. 

by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:39 PM
Oh well! Fuck her.
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:39 PM
I managed a restaurant like that.
They ended up losing business because the wife was a bit much and thought she knew it all.
Guests did not like her and she killed business after about a year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MilkLover0203
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:40 PM
LOLOL! How does he like running a restaurant? Minus the bitch of course. I've always wanted my own. I know the flop rate is fairly high. They should probably get that lady out of there. If she's making them walk on eggshells, can you imagine how the customers feel? I freaked out on some lady at Huckleberry's who was rude to my husband, and we haven't been back since. I had three waitresses come over to thank me.
Loveavision
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:41 PM
I calls 'em, like I sees 'em.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:45 PM

Your husband and her husband need to sit down with her and let her know it is not her resturant.

lyranightshade
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:46 PM
That's really rough. My husband, myself, and a friend of ours own a business. We all work well together and when any issue has cropped up, we schedule a meeting where we sit down and discuss what's up and everyone gets on the same page. Can your husband talk to his best friend away from his wife about his feelings on the situation? If not, can he bring up the situation with both of them and explain how it affects the business over all? Low morale spreads like cancer and can and does close otherwise awesome businesses.
Spare.Time
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:46 PM
If they are co-owners why doesn't your husband tell the Ice Queen she is not welcome in the business.
CallMeSwarley
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:46 PM

He likes it...it is pretty high stress for him though. Their restaurant is a breakfast/lunch place because we live in FL, the retirement capital of the world. Lol.

Quoting MilkLover0203: LOLOL! How does he like running a restaurant? Minus the bitch of course. I've always wanted my own. I know the flop rate is fairly high. They should probably get that lady out of there. If she's making them walk on eggshells, can you imagine how the customers feel? I freaked out on some lady at Huckleberry's who was rude to my husband, and we haven't been back since. I had three waitresses come over to thank me.

CallMeSwarley
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:47 PM

They've told her. Her husband is pretty sackless when it comes to standing up to her though, unfortunately. 

Quoting lyranightshade: That's really rough. My husband, myself, and a friend of ours own a business. We all work well together and when any issue has cropped up, we schedule a meeting where we sit down and discuss what's up and everyone gets on the same page. Can your husband talk to his best friend away from his wife about his feelings on the situation? If not, can he bring up the situation with both of them and explain how it affects the business over all? Low morale spreads like cancer and can and does close otherwise awesome businesses.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:47 PM
Terrible idea to do business with friends
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)