Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

refund being reviewed???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
Anyone have this happen before? My friend is getting a really big refund. Close to ten grand and today something was sent to her saying her refund was being reviewed?,does this mean she's being audited? Her x always claimed the kids but they split so now she is. She did her own taxes with turbo tax and she called me freaking out.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:39 PM
Her ex probably claimed them again
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:40 PM
Probably. He might have claimed them also.
Erna2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:40 PM

It sounds like the return raised some red flags with the irs and they are going through it and may audit her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:41 PM
I doubt it, since he is on the run for CS and has warrants. But maybe

Quoting Anonymous 2: Her ex probably claimed them again
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:42 PM
Yea most likely he claimed the kids to. My husband and his ex take turns claiming sd however one year they messed it up and both got audited they were able to Amend the taxes and work it out with no fine though
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:42 PM
It means her claim is being reviewed. Tell her not to expect her return, anytime soon.
fallenangel_353
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:42 PM
We have never been sent a letter. However, when we have checked the status ourselves, it has said our taxes were being reviewed. But it would also give an estimated date the refund was expected. So I'm not sure about that.
incogNinja
by Whofflé on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:42 PM
That happened to us before too. It's not an audit , no. As long as it's all legit , she has no problem.
brysonsmommy_10
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:42 PM
As long as she filled everything out truthfully, why is she freaking out? The ex probably claimed them also, so she will just need proof that they lived with her the majority of the year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:44 PM
No she sent me a SS and it doesn't say anything like that. It says they may request more information within 30 days

Quoting fallenangel_353: We have never been sent a letter. However, when we have checked the status ourselves, it has said our taxes were being reviewed. But it would also give an estimated date the refund was expected. So I'm not sure about that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)