Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when toys build up..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I throw away or give away old toys that the kids dont play with. I just have no room to be stocking toys up the wazool in closets and their room! I'm not a clutter type of person ever since I was a teenager I like organization.

So toys build up that my two six year olds dont play with and new toys come in.

I know which ones are their "special toys" those are the ones I save years for

otherwise out the door

DH IS THROWING A FIT.

their closet is up yo Tue ceiling with old toys along with their room filled with bins of toys

I want to get rid of them I don't have room in a hallway closet for their clothes either. He put their clothes there and there's just to much of everything!

so I'm going to store their old toys in the basement.

he still throws a fit yet he's not the one who handles their clothes or messes.

either way I'm doing it just wish I didn't have to fight over it.

what do you do when toys build up and kids dont play with them anymore??
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:55 PM
I throw them away if they're broken, give them away or take them to Goodwill. It's almost time to do that actually
Spare.Time
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:59 PM
Thrift shop donations.
If dh has a problem with it put them all on his side of the closet.
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:00 PM
I've donated lots of toys over the years.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:05 PM
Trash or recycling for bad ones. The school, church rec room or homeless shelter for others.
ame19
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:05 PM

I just went through my son's toys the other day. Anything that was broken was trashed, I put all of his bath toys in a bin and put it in the bathroom closet, if he wants to play with them he can get them out, but have to return something in order to get something else out. I found all of his baby toys that were in great condition and put them in one of his organizers for his baby brother. I basically organized everything from his trucks/cars to things that belong in sets, and also according to age. My aunt and uncle come up every so often and they have a 1 year old daughter, so in the guest room I have a toy chest that has toys for her age. There's just too much stuff. I need to go through books too. Some are from when I was little and then all the way up to when I was in high school. If things didn't get tossed then they were donated. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)