Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

F*** obamacare!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:01 PM
  • 41 Replies
1 mom liked this

DH and I both work. I am currently in school to become LPN. But in the meantime, I dont have health insurance. DH and the kids do but I havent even been to the doctor in 6 years. So we went to go and do taxes we got penalized so I figured I would see how much insurance would cost me. 176 a month for me. That is almost two weeks worth of groceries for my family. I am so pissed off right now

No I cant afford the insurance at work because I need the money to provide for my children and no I cant afford it thru DH's work. even with the cheapest plan I still have 6300 deductable before they will pay anything. I am so heartbroken that I got to choose between  food for my children or some dumbass insurance that i wont even use. No I no longer qualify for food stamps

by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:04 PM
4 moms liked this

$176 is amazing for health insurance.

You should go to the doctor every year. You haven't even been to the GYN in 6 years? That's not healthy. And you could get cancer tomorrow. Who would pay those bills if you don't have insurance?

aheasley
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Try for a hardship exemption. You may qualify. But I agree obama care sucks!! 

JJJMommyKris
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm with you. It sucks
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:07 PM

are you going to pay for my insurance? because quite honestly I cant. I value feeding my children first

Quoting Anonymous 1:

You should go to the doctor every year. You haven't even been to the GYN in 6 years? That's not healthy. And you could get cancer tomorrow. Who would pay those bills if you don't have insurance?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:10 PM
And who pays the bill if you have cancer? Cancer that could have been caught and treated early with preventative health care screenings.

Quoting silverdawn99:

are you going to pay for my insurance? because quite honestly I cant. I value feeding my children first

Quoting Anonymous 1:

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:13 PM

then I guess that I will just have to die a slow and painful death.

And with my death benefits maybe dh could buy a house and not have to stress as much

Quoting Anonymous 2: And who pays the bill if you have cancer? Cancer that could have been caught and treated early with preventative health care screenings.
Quoting silverdawn99:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:13 PM

That is cheap.  What do you mean you won't even use it?  What's to say you don't get in a car wreck on your way to the store?  How do you know you will not come down with a serious illness or get cancer?  If you truly can't afford it, you will qualify for an exemption from the fine or a tax credit.  Otherwise, you need to get your priorities in order.

OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:14 PM
7 moms liked this

Gotta love the Not So Affordable Healthcare Act where the lower middle class gets screwed and insurance companies get rich.

I am not anti-healthcare but I am against robbing from the not so poor to give to the rich.  (And I am not a huge fan of blaming this on Obama who had the right idea but got taken by political and corporate pandering).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:15 PM
If you need healthcare who pays?? The taxpayers. $176 is nothing. We pay $500 a month.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:19 PM
I know, right. Was surprised I was told I didn't qualify for assistance when I'm unemployed. Thought this was supposed to help make insurance affordable for everyone but at 115 bucks at the cheapest how is THAT affordable.

And I voted for him. Smdh.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)