Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Come on, people! Vaccines save lives! True or False?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this

Come on, people! Vaccines save lives! We just don't know exactly how many they're taking/ruining in the process..

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:16 PM
I believe the benefits of vaccination out weigh the risks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:18 PM

Not dead is better than dead any day of the week.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:19 PM

I believe that vaccines are a way of killing people and/or giving people viruses/diseases either to see what happens or to try to make a cure.

#1 question.....If the MMR vaccine works, why are all the kids at ER's with measels the kids who were vaxed??????

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:20 PM

True, the minimal risks are more than worth it to me. 

SithMom71
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:20 PM

Oh dear Christ! Not this shit again. Not everyone can handle the shots. Some have to have them spaced out over years. Some are allergic. When getting some of the shots, they cannot be around pregnant women or cancer patients. Some can handle them just fine. Some have no side effects. Everyone is different. There is no herd immunity bullshit. People need to stop blaming one side or the other. There are no sides. just that shit happens. 

So please, for fuck's sake, get off the goddamn cross and get a goddamn hobby! 

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

There have been fewer people killed by vaccines (by even the highest claims) in twenty years than most of the diseases they prevent used to kill every year. Those seem like obvious odds to me.

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous 4:

I believe that vaccines are a way of killing people and/or giving people viruses/diseases either to see what happens or to try to make a cure.

#1 question.....If the MMR vaccine works, why are all the kids at ER's with measels the kids who were vaxed??????

Ooh! I know this one.

They aren't. The majority of the kids who are part of the current measles epidemic were not vaccinated. Only a small number were, and as everyone knows, even the best vaccines are not magic bubbles of perfect prevention.

okpondlady
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:27 PM

I believe they do.  JMO.

TANSTAAFL- There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:28 PM

Okay, so I have this toxin that may or may not prevent you from getting.....um......a cold.  Let me inject it into you, but you can get a cold anyway and are more likely top get said cold by receiving the vaccine.

Every news aritcle I've heard said that the "majority of measels cases were in children previously vaccinated"

I'm sorry, if you've had the vaccine, you shouldn't give a shit about someone who hasn't.  Vaccines are supposed to provide an immunity to a disease......That's what the effing word means!

Quoting B1Bomber:

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Ooh! I know this one.

They aren't. The majority of the kids who are part of the current measles epidemic were not vaccinated. Only a small number were, and as everyone knows, even the best vaccines are not magic bubbles of perfect prevention.

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:39 PM

Vaccines definitely don't make you more likely to get the disease. That's an absurb and unscientific claim. And I'm not concerned about my children getting the diseases for which they were vaccinated. I'm concerned about the natural evolution of viruses that pass from person to person allowing those diseases to mutate enough that my preventative vaccinations are no longer enough to protect my children. I'm also concerned about my immunodeficient brother and uncle, who can't have vaccines without maybe, you know, dying.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Okay, so I have this toxin that may or may not prevent you from getting.....um......a cold.  Let me inject it into you, but you can get a cold anyway and are more likely top get said cold by receiving the vaccine.

Every news aritcle I've heard said that the "majority of measels cases were in children previously vaccinated"

I'm sorry, if you've had the vaccine, you shouldn't give a shit about someone who hasn't.  Vaccines are supposed to provide an immunity to a disease......That's what the effing word means!

Quoting B1Bomber:

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Ooh! I know this one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)