Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

eating seafood while pregnant

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
I have been invited to a wedding and they will be serving fish and shrimp. I vaguely remember something about not eating seafoo d so I was wondering if I can or not.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pixiedust11
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:26 PM
I just had sushi 2 days ago it was delicious. I love fish. In my country fresh fish and fish stew are recommended for pregnant women. My grandma swore turtle soup cured morning sickness. I'm not eating a dam turtle though. Lol

I ate it with my first. Had no problem. he was 8.2 lbs. he loves fish I love fish we all love fish!!! And this half cooked baby in my tummy likes it too.
incogNinja
by Whofflé on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this
It really depends what it is. Some is higher in Mercury
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

The only restriction I recall was not to eat too much fish, because of the mercury content.  Like, not more than once a week. 

Eating it once at a wedding, as long as it's properly cooked, isn't a problem. 

LEmommy0913
by Rachel on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:28 PM
I've never ate it during pregnancy, but that is because I don't eat it normally.
pixiedust11
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:28 PM
The only thing the doctor mentioned was tuna. Because of the Mercury.
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:29 PM

That has got to be the wierdest morning sickness cure I've ever heard.

What country, if I may ask?

Quoting pixiedust11: I just had sushi 2 days ago it was delicious. I love fish. In my country fresh fish and fish stew are recommended for pregnant women. My grandma swore turtle soup cured morning sickness. I'm not eating a dam turtle though. Lol I ate it with my first. Had no problem. he was 8.2 lbs. he loves fish I love fish we all love fish!!! And this half cooked baby in my tummy likes it too.

pixiedust11
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:30 PM
Dominican Republic! I have never heard that either. She passed before I had my son. But she always said. Turtle soup turtle soup. I couldn't imagine eating a turtle. I will stick to my good friend zofran. Lol

Quoting LokisMama:

That has got to be the wierdest morning sickness cure I've ever heard.

What country, if I may ask?

Quoting pixiedust11: I just had sushi 2 days ago it was delicious. I love fish. In my country fresh fish and fish stew are recommended for pregnant women. My grandma swore turtle soup cured morning sickness. I'm not eating a dam turtle though. Lol

I ate it with my first. Had no problem. he was 8.2 lbs. he loves fish I love fish we all love fish!!! And this half cooked baby in my tummy likes it too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:30 PM
I love fish too but we are told to watch out for mercury. I don't think I could eat a turtle either!

Quoting pixiedust11: I just had sushi 2 days ago it was delicious. I love fish. In my country fresh fish and fish stew are recommended for pregnant women. My grandma swore turtle soup cured morning sickness. I'm not eating a dam turtle though. Lol

razorbackfan
by BadgerMom on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this
The week before my dd was born I ate a pound of snow crab. I also ate seafood when I was pregnant with both kids.
ILovemyPaulie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:31 PM

They aren't having any other meat? That's odd. I never ate any seafood while I was pregnant. Not only for mercury, just because I was afraid of bacteria in it. If I were you I'd eat before I went then eat the sides and dessert! LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)