Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone work the night shift?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
How do you like it? I work part time.. My schedule now is mon, wed and Thursday 330-830 and Saturdays 830-130 ... Worked better when my kids were younger but now I barely see them during the week and I'm missing all their sport activities on Saturday morning.

I got offered a job that's midnights. I would work 10pm-6am
The first week would be thur, fri, sat and the 2nd week would be wed and thur. And
You'd switch back and forth between the 2 schedules.

I think it would be good because I would get paid more, would either have 3 or 6 days off in a row, wouldn't need a babysitter and I would see the kids more BUT I heard midnights suck and I would have to rotate holidays ..

SO do midnights suck as bad as I hear? Is the job worth the change or will I regret the shift?!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:28 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:30 PM

DH has been working graves. I guess once your internal clock catches up it's okay. He's having a hard time, though. He's only been filling in till they get someone hired.But, it does sound like it could work for you. 

my3girls201410
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:32 PM
My dh has been doing it for 6 years. He is use to it. Good luck
caligirl7613
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:33 PM
It takes getting used to. I used to work 9pm to 7am. Once I got used to it I didn't mind it and now I miss it. Expect to be exhauted for the first month.
chicklopez
by ItsFunnierInEnochian on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:33 PM

id love that schedule but Ive always been a night owl. 

ArmyWife112908
by Mrs.Crane on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:34 PM
My DH has been on graves for seven years, he's fine with it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:36 PM
As long as you have someone to watch the kids during the day so you can sleep. :)
Kay786
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:38 PM
My husband used to work 6pm-6am, alternating every other week between 3 shifts to 4 shifts. He absolutely hated it.

Nowadays, he still works nights, but he works 3pm- 2am Monday through Thursday, and has weekends off. But, he often stays late, until 4am, and goes in on Fridays, for overtime. He likes it a lot better. I hate not having him here at night, but he makes good money, and he enjoys what he does. I have to say, only certain people can pull off doing shifts like that, though. Like, my husband might work late, but he also gets up by 10am every day, during the week, so we can spend time together as a family. I don't know how he does it, I could never function on that little sleep!

I remember, my mom used to work graveyard shift when I was a kid. She slept throughout the entire day, of course, and was always in a bad mood, especially when we woke her up accidentally, which was hard not to do... I mean, we were kids and it was during the day! I would probably be just like my mom if I had to work nights. lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squeekers
by squeekers on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:41 PM
DH works graveyard shift security 0000-0800 Friday to Tuesday.
.PinkSunshine.
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:42 PM
I did for many years. I don't anymore.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)