• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what is better to have a C section or natural birth.

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:45 PM
  • 48 Replies

I have had 3 natural births. With my first one i did have an epidural. I hated it so much. I was throwing up the whole time i was in labor and it took 5 hours when i started pushing to get her out just because i couldnt feel to push her out. She then went to the bathroom and by the time they got her out we both had a temp of 104. So with my next two i choose to do them with out pain meds and the experience was alot better. Im pregnant with my fourth and the doc said if my placenta is still covering my cervix that they will schedule me a C section. Im scared to have a c section but to me it seems easier then going through the whole labor and everything but i keep hearing people say having a c section is worse and no fun. But it seems like even natural is no fun and longer but i never had a c section to compare. Im wanting to hear from you guys what do you think is better natural or c section. And if i have natural ill do it without pain meds again. 

by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LyTe684
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:47 PM
For me, C Sections were better.

Congrats and good luck.
incogNinja
by Whofflé on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:47 PM
In that case , it's definitely better to have a c section
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:47 PM

Natural.  C-Sections you have a much much longer recovery time, longer in the hospital etc.

incogNinja
by Whofflé on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:48 PM
Even with placenta previa

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Natural.  C-Sections you have a much much longer recovery time, longer in the hospital etc.

Dardenella
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:49 PM

Natural

TB78
by Tasha on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:49 PM
For both of your safety and well being a c-section may be the best option. Good luck mama 😊
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm just going to vote for an easy birth with no complcations.  How you achieve that is up to you.

bakerytreatz412
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:50 PM
I have no expierience with c sections, I was induced and delivered vaginally both time.

But here's a bump for the women that have had both.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dardenella
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:50 PM

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I think many people try to make others feel badly about themselves and some hear it so often that they believe it.

RockMyBliss
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:50 PM
I've only had c-sections so my opinion is biased. However, I will say that people make c-sections to be a lot more than they are. I was expecting horrendous pain but it was up and walking that same day and took Motrin for pain. The best delivery is a healthy baby.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)