Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you really think essential oils work, because I'm not buying it

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:19 PM
  • 161 Replies

So I've been told that these oils cure everything from the flu to cancer to ADHD, and if you use them you won't get sick much at all.  I've also been told that if I had used them myself and 2 of my kids most likely wouldn't have gotten the flu this year.  I've also learned that some people are even ingesting this stuff, even giving it to their kids without knowing or realizing that it could be harmful.  And has anyone thought about what a killing these companies like Young Living and Doterra are making on this stuff?  I mean $25-45 for a tiny bottle?!  And the more people go crazy for it the more they make, seems too much like a pyramid scheme to me.  So I say,

LOL!  What do you think?

by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:21 PM
7 moms liked this
Compared to how much pharmaceutical companies make off sick and hurting people?
ArmyWife112908
by Mrs.Crane on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I love them!! Not everything works for everyone. I have the deep blue rub and it helps seriously with my pain. I buy it on Amazon for half the price
504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:22 PM
2 moms liked this
They work really well. This isn't a new "trend" I just got into. This sort of homeopathic healing has been passed down through generations in my family working with voodoo. I've always preferred natural healing methods over big pharm crap. And I think it typically works much better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:23 PM
I've never used any because we got cats. There are reports of them not being safe to use around cats. I've heard a lot of good things about them though.
kikibix
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I use peppermint and lavender oils.  Combined and put on my forehead of temples they stop my headaches.  Rubbed on my stomach the peppermint soothes an upset stomach and helps clear my sinuses as well.  Eucalyptus oil is great when you are really stuffed up and Tea tree oil is a wonderful antiseptic and clears up pimples fast.  I don't know about those 2 companies but I do use essential oils and I know they work.

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this
My friend lives the blue rub says it's great.
Young Living is too pushy for me and swear it's a cure all.
I'm skeptical.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michal6
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think they are a be all/cure all.  I have done some research though and my husband and I both took some oregano oil when he had severe colds and it did seem to lessen the symptoms and the duration.  I think there are a lot of things in nature that can be helpful, but I would not rely on them solely.

barnowl73
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:25 PM
THIS EACTLY!

Quoting kmorales7690: Compared to how much pharmaceutical companies make off sick and hurting people?
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:25 PM
Where do you get them?

Quoting kikibix:

I use peppermint and lavender oils.  Combined and put on my forehead of temples they stop my headaches.  Rubbed on my stomach the peppermint soothes an upset stomach and helps clear my sinuses as well.  Eucalyptus oil is great when you are really stuffed up and Tea tree oil is a wonderful antiseptic and clears up pimples fast.  I don't know about those 2 companies but I do use essential oils and I know they work.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squeekers
by squeekers on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:25 PM
2 moms liked this
Only thing similar to homeopathic I found that works for me is Clove Oil for bad toothaches.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)