Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She said her child can't come to my house because....

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:36 PM
  • 64 Replies

My DD is in Kindergarten and is friends with a little girl that is in her class and has the same bus stop. One day her mother had something come up, and I offered to get her from the stop and she picked her DD up at our home. She didn't stay and talk long, but it was a week night and she had dinner, homework, etc was what I assumed. Ever since DD has been bugging me to have a playdate with this little girl. Then on Thursday she came home and said the little girl said she can't come to our house because her mother doesn't want her to catch a disease from all of the dead things.

Ummm.

Well, I DO collect taxidermy. I'm mostly interested in bats and insects.  I don't have a very big collection (just started a year ago) or at least I'm nowhere near where I would like to be. I have 5 bats, 2 lizards, a frog, 2 mantis, a leaf bug, and maybe a dozen butterflies scattered around.

This is the last picture I took of what I had. I have a bit more now.

I'm just not sure why anyone would think you can "catch a disease" from this?

Would you really be skeptical to send your child to my house?!

by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheFairest
by Mother of Dragons on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:37 PM
No, that's a stupid reason. It could very well be just an excuse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Did the mom see it or is she just going by what her daughter says? Maybe he daughter made a big fuss? I wouldn't care about the taxidermy but I wouldn't let my kindergartener go on a play date without me either.
squeekers
by squeekers on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Fear makes people do dumb things
CallMeSwarley
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:39 PM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't be skeptical, but I'm not an idiot either. Lol. 

Sorry. She sounds really, really stupid. 

Spare.Time
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:40 PM
Is your house clean?
sfigu16
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:40 PM

I think thats cool! and if they dont want to come over..oh well!

.strawberry.
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:40 PM

The mom came into my home. She didn't stay long.... lol  But I just assumed she had places to be. She didn't come to socialize, just to pick up her kid.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Did the mom see it or is she just going by what her daughter says? Maybe he daughter made a big fuss? I wouldn't care about the taxidermy but I wouldn't let my kindergartener go on a play date without me either.

Shy_Dia
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:40 PM
Ah. I'd freak out but that's just bc dead things freak me out and most of those things alive would still make me jump. Lol but i think ds would love it... his cousin on the other hand step foot in your house, so maybe the girl was scared and mom is using that excuse?
ArmyWife112908
by Mrs.Crane on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:41 PM
That's stupid
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:41 PM

Maybe the words were twisted. Perhaps the little girl was scared and she doesn't want to come again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)