• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your kid isn't vaxed, stay away!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:33 PM
  • 6 Replies

Seriously? I will never understand this. If your kid is vaxed, why are you so scared if your kid is around another kid that is not vaxed?

Do you take your kid to the grocery story? Are you going to try to make all of those people get vaxed, too? You won't win.... But, still, why are you so scared if your kids are vaxed? What's to worry about?

I'll never understand this, I guess. My kid is vaxed. So far she is up-to-date on all of them, but I do my research first either way, and her pedi knows that if I don't agree with a certain vax, my DD will not receive it. DD is 3 years old if that matters. Either way, it just baffles me why you would be so worried about another kid that isn't vaxed around your kid who is.

by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:36 PM

you'll get the standard, "I do it to protect others" bullshit...that is an outrght fucking lie...NO parent who has a vaccine injured child would ever think to ask someone to 'sacrificie' one their own for the 'greater good'.  Like the other post said,  I protect my kid, not yours.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:36 PM
Vaccines are not 100% guaranteed, and younger ones are too little to have received them. Then of course you add in immune compromised people/kids.....

Those are the points I am reading in the other million related posts LOL.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:38 PM
My kids are not vaccinated if someone doesn't want to be around them they can move away from them. Lost a child hours after their first vaccinations won't risk the rest of my kids lives to make anyone else feel better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:39 PM
My kids are vaccinated I'm not going to let the latest outbreak ruin our normal routine.

If my kids weren't vaccinated I would probably worry.
myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:42 PM
My children all have their vaccinations. However, I also have an immune compromised daughter. So, while she is vaccinated they are not as affected on her. I am very careful on who she is around.
danie24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:45 PM

People are just irrational. LOL

I couldn't imagine being afraid to go to the playground, grocery store, public pool, YMCA, school and everywhere else people are.

But that's their problem.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)