Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Pet Peeve + A Realtor = Not very proffessional IMO

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:08 PM
  • 14 Replies

Our house that we rent is for sale ...

The house was put on the realtor's site yesterday morning, and signs were put up on our lawn at the same time ...last night the realtor company called and asked if it was ok to show the house today in between 4-5 pm, i said sure.

SO cleaned the house while i was at work , and when i got home at 2...i tidied up my daughters room a bit more (she had cleaned it before leaving for the weekend, but im picky lol), and cleaned up the spare room

It is now 6:07 pm , the realtor did not show up and did not call to say that they were not going to show up...

that is my biggest pet peeve ...when people do not have the consideration to call and say they will be late /not able to show.

We have been discussing looking for a house of our own to buy....i know which realtor i won't be going too...

by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:10 PM
Have you called her? I would!
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, that is quite unprofessional. Call him and politely request that all cancellations be relayed to you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:13 PM
They probably saw a house before yours that they liked better and decided to skip yours. It happens. The realtor should have called to let you know. But if your house is on the market, you have to expect people to show up at all hours to see the house. We are in process of buying a house right now. We ended up going with a vacant house. But we looked at a few that the owners or renters were still living in and had to make appts to see. Our realtor would often bring us by house sometimes a good hour early to see house. I felt bad but at same time feel it's something that comes with territory and should be expected to as well.
SmallTown_Momma
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:15 PM

we are having another showing on monday morning , i'll wait until i am able to talk to the realtor in private and i'll bring it up then.

Quoting TranquilMind: Yes, that is quite unprofessional. Call him and politely request that all cancellations be relayed to you.

DeeDee_28
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:15 PM
I would have called her by now.
SmallTown_Momma
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:17 PM

oh , i fully understand that they most likely saw a house that they liked and chose to go for.

its the unproffesionalism that bothers me.

Quoting Anonymous 1: They probably saw a house before yours that they liked better and decided to skip yours. It happens. The realtor should have called to let you know. But if your house is on the market, you have to expect people to show up at all hours to see the house. We are in process of buying a house right now. We ended up going with a vacant house. But we looked at a few that the owners or renters were still living in and had to make appts to see. Our realtor would often bring us by house sometimes a good hour early to see house. I felt bad but at same time feel it's something that comes with territory and should be expected to as well.

SmallTown_Momma
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:19 PM
I don't have this specific realtors phone number. Its a team of realtors.

Quoting DeeDee_28: I would have called her by now.
DeeDee_28
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:21 PM
Oh. Definitely bring it to their attention when you see them!

Quoting SmallTown_Momma: I don't have this specific realtors phone number. Its a team of realtors.

Quoting DeeDee_28: I would have called her by now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:22 PM
I'm a Realtor and I agree, that is so unprofessional. If they couldn't make it they should have called
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:24 PM
I agree. But perhaps the realtor was just busy and distracted writing up the contract that they just totally forgot. Who knows. I would be more annoyed at early shows than no shows tho. We walked in on this one lady who just got home from work and was eating dinner. She had to stop eating and quickly clean up and run out the door. I felt horrible and said we could wait and come back but she said no it's ok. I feel even worse now because we didn't go with her house. So it was all for nothing. But personally that would piss me off more than a no show. Either way it's a pain when it comes to selling a house. Things like unfortunately happen.

Quoting SmallTown_Momma:

oh , i fully understand that they most likely saw a house that they liked and chose to go for.

its the unproffesionalism that bothers me.

Quoting Anonymous 1: They probably saw a house before yours that they liked better and decided to skip yours. It happens. The realtor should have called to let you know. But if your house is on the market, you have to expect people to show up at all hours to see the house. We are in process of buying a house right now. We ended up going with a vacant house. But we looked at a few that the owners or renters were still living in and had to make appts to see. Our realtor would often bring us by house sometimes a good hour early to see house. I felt bad but at same time feel it's something that comes with territory and should be expected to as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)