• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would this make you upset?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
If your child was sick in the hospital with something serious that requires being on monitor's, oxygen, antibiotic injection's and has an oxygen level of 83% would YOUR mother ( if she lives close by) could see her grandchild? I'm asking because my daughter has been in the hospital 8 days now and my mother has not came to see her. Everyone else has except her and she lives 30 minutes away. She's always been about herself and she tries to buy my kids with money and gifts instead of her time. It really bothers me that my child is so sick and she has yet to come see her.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:26 PM
Only if I asked. Not because our relationship is bad, quite the opposite. Your mom may feel she doesn't want to intrude knowing you're obviously dealing with a lot. Parents aren't mind readers.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:27 PM

If my kids were in the hospital for anything, my mother would be there and she lives five hours away.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:28 PM
I'd be upset. My mom who isn't typically around would visit too often.
MistressRX
by Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:28 PM
My mom would have been there from the time she was put in the hospital, rest her soul. 30 minutes is not far at all to live, I live 45 minutes away from my family and see them all the time. Yes, I would be upset and I think you have every right to be.
michal6
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:31 PM

My mom would be there around the clock.

.PinkSunshine.
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:31 PM

I'd be a little hurt.

lunabella79
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:32 PM
Absolutely. When DH had a stroke (at 31) everyone came out o see him while he was in the hospital for 3 weeks. His cousin, who is supposed to be like a sister to him (DH's parents raised her; she's about 10 yrs older than DH) never came once to see him. She called and would be full of excuses that were bullshit. She lived 5 mins from the hospital. To this day I haven't forgiven her for that. On the contrary, my dad was at DH's bedside every single day, even when I couldn't be (I was there every day, but would have to come at different times of the day). My mother took care of my 2 young boys while I was at the hospital. Even my coworkers showed up to see him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:33 PM

I honestly would not expect my mother to make an appearance, and quite frankly it would be a great deal less stressful if she didn't.  because she sounds quite a bit like yours.  she comes around for birthdays and Christmas, we see her 3 times a year.  she lives 40 minutes away.  it works for everyone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)